Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Anyone with experience with these, I'll buy you a beer for your help....

This:

Broom.jpg

Is for sale for a good price. I'm told by a very reliable source that is it for a mower (the combine looking kind), not a tractor. I know that it's 2100rpm for both, but what would have to be done to make it work on our new 3120 vs. a mower?? Is it doable, or am I dreaming?? I have a line on the front mount for the 3120, so that parts taken care of.

Also, if anyone knows of a 60" front broom for sale, lemme know.

Thanks!!!

-J.

·
584 Posts
Most green brooms I've sold/seen are made to fit front mount commercial mowers. The broom for a 3020 series would utilize a front three point. You could make it work with some welding but it would be a little difficult, but yeah, we put a man on the moon 50 years ago. You'd also have to have the front 3 point for your tractor which it sounds like you could get. I would keep looking for the correct broom myself.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm buying the 3pt that popped up for sale on here couple days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
584 Posts
Ill keep an eye out for a broom. Haven't forgot about the loader quote. I wanted to make sure none of my other connections had any 300 series loaders. No luck. I'll get it over to you this week.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will - on ice!!

Bloody exchange rate it killing us right now.... I've had some fair offers on used 300x's, but by the time I get it home and pay the 25% exchange I might as well get it here.....

I'll keep looking on the brooms. My thing is that most yellow/tractor brooms I see are 2500-3500$, whereas theres a couple green/mower ones around for 1500-1700$.

-J.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Also, the drive shaft tube is opposite of the other models. Mine has it on the right as viewed in your photo. I am willing to bet rotation is wrong for this one.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I've been eyeballing them online - the mounts are actually pretty similar in front of the 3pt section. Looks like there's 3 different angling mount options between the tractor QH and the broom. 1 is the mower type, 2 is the most current triangle/3pt, and 3 is a boxy looking one for the smaller garden tractors. Kinda looks to me that most of the bits on the broom itself are pretty similar.

Rotation is a good point randy, maybe a YouTube vid can help me sort it. Can you tell me which way yours goes?? Do you find your broom worthwhile?? I'm imagining it'd be perfect for keeping our pavement lookin good, good for that light skiff of snow, and of course for the rink!!!

-J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,626 Posts
Also, the drive shaft tube is opposite of the other models. Mine has it on the right as viewed in your photo. I am willing to bet rotation is wrong for this one.
Interesting... I also notice your broom has a rubber flap on the front which is critical for these brooms. I've seen YouTube videos of other JD brooms in action and without that flap the debris can get shot up in the air and rains back down on the broom, tractor hood and operator.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Rotation is a good point randy, maybe a YouTube vid can help me sort it. Can you tell me which way yours goes?? Do you find your broom worthwhile?? I'm imagining it'd be perfect for keeping our pavement lookin good, good for that light skiff of snow, and of course for the rink!!!
-J.
I am not sure at this moment the direction of rotation. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that looking at it straight on in your picture, the shaft rotates CW. I love my broom, it can clean upto 3 inches of the light snow and a couple of inches of the heave without any problems.

Interesting... I also notice your broom has a rubber flap on the front which is critical for these brooms. I've seen YouTube videos of other JD brooms in action and without that flap the debris can get shot up in the air and rains back down on the broom, tractor hood and operator.
Actually, anything being shot in the air has to do with entry into the brushes. If I enter a snow pile that is the height of the brush shaft it is going up. And yes, I've made it show. The flap on the front of mine is metal option that I added.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts