Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good sources of information/places to learn about greenstar and ISO bus for john deeres? I bought a 2009 6230 premium that has the command module, and the manual says it is isobus and greenstar 2100 compatible. What i'm trying to determine is can I integrate a greenstar module into the tractor, then use it as a planter monitor for my 7000 plant with some retrofit, use it to activate the solenoids on my sprayer, ect. I'm all about incorporating technology on the farm, and possibly (hopefully) reducing the amount of aftermarket modules and monitors i need to mount in the cab.

The issue so far is that I can't seem to find a good source of information that I can read start to finish to learn about this stuff. After googling for a few days I find broken snippets here or there, but nothing even close to a read that says here is what you can do, and how you do it. Any help would be great!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you already talk to your dealer nearby about that? Iam sure they´ll be able to help you! ;)

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
We would love to get more people like you posting about this technology. This is the perfect platform for you techie farmers to share this great info. (y)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a brief discussion with the dealer, but I wasn't happy where it was ending. They were pushing me to buy the latest and greatest, and failed to realize that I don't have $400K to drop on new tractors, planter, all other supporting equipment. We only do about 285 acres, and i'm hoping to retrofit or buy used. Our dealer claimed they don't sell the old 2100's any more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts