Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a “middle-aged” newbie, I have a lot to learn and a quick search has led me to this site. I purchased my first Green tractor last year; a 2007 6430 Premium Plus and added a 673SL FEL with grapples. I bought some land a few years ago and decided that it was time to give my neighbours a hand looking after my place… LOL.

Today I picked up an MX-6 rotary mower to knock down some of the wild rose and buck brush that is pretty prevalent on one of the quarters. I can see a good box blade in the near future as well.

Great site and great information. Many thanks ladies and gents!

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
:welcomedt

That's quite a setup you have for a "newbie"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:welcomedt

That's quite a setup you have for a "newbie"
You must be distantly related to my wife :laugh:. The ranch is part of our retirement plan and I keep telling her that I have to spend money to make money. My accountant thinks I need additional professional help in the field of psychiatry. We are running a small cow-calf operation... I would still like to have a bit of cash left to pass on the the kids!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I purchased my first Green tractor last year; a 2007 6430 Premium Plus
Now that is a tractor!!:thumbup1gif:
Welcome to DT Mike.
Greg

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
We are running a small cow-calf operation... I would still like to have a bit of cash left to pass on the the kids!
Welcome Mike!

Sounds like you have a different definition of retirement than I.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Welcome. You will love the tractor and the MX-6. Did you get the new style hitch or the old style. We are still at the point that both are out there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome. You will love the tractor and the MX-6. Did you get the new style hitch or the old style. We are still at the point that both are out there.
I'm honestly not sure what hitch style I have? The dealer is supposed to deliver the cutter some time early next week. I'm really looking forward to getting her out and doing some work in the next month or so.

Randy, as long as I enjoy it and don't have to do it for a living, it's retirement!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts