Green Tractor Talk banner

Greetings from Central VA

3K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  Mackford13 
#1 ·
New member here from Afton, VA. Will be picking up a 1025R w/120R and 60D MMM in a couple of days. Will use it mostly for mowing about 3 acres around the house but also other small projects getting around in tight areas with the FEL. Thinking about also getting some forks for moving smallish stuff around.

I have a GT235 with the Kawasaki engine that has been good to me for 20+ years but as I keep expanding the mowed area around the house, I wanted something a little bit larger for finish mowing around the house. The GT 235 will be delegated for "trimming" around trees and small areas to large for the 1025R. I have right around 950 hours on the GT235 and I think I'll get plenty more out of her with less than 1 hour per week of trimming work.

Up until now, I have been using my 5085M for stuff around the house, which at around 10,000 lbs with loaded tires and dual rear weights and regular ag tires, is really hard on the lawn unless it has been dry for weeks. The 1025R will be much better suited for landscaping stuff around the house, mulching, etc I think.

I'm not sure about the lift capacity of the 120R, but it probably won't be able to do this: :)

I'll see about posting up a "family pic" once the 1025R gets here.

Anyway, looking forward to hanging out here and share experiences and hopefully be able to help out fellow forum members from time to time!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from Wisconsin. Nice looking 5085M. Congrats on your new 1025R.

#3 ·
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania. Now I know a 5 series will lift a car.

#5 ·
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

#9 ·
Welcome from southern KY!

#13 ·
Welcome to GTT

#14 ·
Welcome to GTT

#15 ·
Welcome from Central Ohio

#18 ·
Welcome to GTT

#19 ·
Welcome from eastern Va. Afton is a very nice area unless there's fog on 64!

Treefarmer

#20 ·
Welcome from New York.

#21 ·
Hello from Florida! You know, I've always wanted to use a large piece of machinery to destroy an old POS car lol. Probably not what you're doing there but I always thought it would be fun, especially with a large excavator or just driving right over top of it with a haul truck.

#22 ·
X2

#24 ·
Appreciate the warm welcome guys! @dixie460 I actually took that picture as I was getting ready to load the old Saab on my trailer to take it to the junk yard. I put my bush hog on the back before loading the car as I was awfully light in the back with the car on the forks.

Picking up my 1025 from the dealer in the morning. Starting to get very excited!

Reactions: Mackford13
#25 ·
And now the fun begins!

Reactions: Mackford13
#26 ·
It looks like Christmas came early.😁 Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.