Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just joined recently, so I'm new to the site, but have been collecting John Deere Lawn & Garden Tractors since 1989. Most of my collection is the round fender 110's and 112's, but I have a couple 120''s, 140's, and a 110 flat fender as well. I recently started collecting the 60 and 70 Lawn Tractors, so as you can tell, my collection isn't limited. In July of 2011, I finally completed the 11 piece round fender collection, meaning all (5) manual lift 110's (1963-1967) and both hydraulic lift 110's (1966 & 1967) and all four 112's (2 manual lifts -1966 & 1967 / 2 hydraulic lifts - 1966 & 1967).

As for attachments, I only collect the attachments that were serial numbered/tagged by John Deere. I never really got into collecting the allied attachments, although I do have a Brinly plow and cultivator just for the garden. The only attachment I don't have yet is the 7 integral sprayer. I have only seen two of these, so my hope in finding one of these for the collection is very slim, but I'm proud of the collection no matter what.

Now that the collection is complete, at least to my liking, I can finally start finding the time to restore each of them. I have most of the replacement parts acquired, along with new tires, decals, and wiring harness', so much of the expense has already been hurdled.

Great site, and looking forward to meeting some of you at shows someday!

Troy

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
:wgtt:

Talk about a post needing pictures:laugh:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

X2 on wanting pictures!!!

Reactions: johndeereelfman

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts

Welcome, Troy. I think I know who you are from WFM. Either way, it's great to have you here. You will notice a section called "Vintage Lawn and Garden Tractors". It's set up similar to WFM and you will feel really at home there with your collection of round fender JDs. And as been mentioned, we love pictures.:ttiwwp:

·
Administrator
20,852 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

Glad to have your here!:drinks:

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
Welcome Troy, beautiful country there where you live...I enjoy visiting there a lot.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome Troy,

Although my location says Va, my wife and I have a weekend house in your area (off of Greenfield Rd.) - so hello neighbor. Really love it there myself. I was just in Lititz on Saturday at Bombergers Hardware. Really love that store along with Lititz. Looking forward to seeing your pictures when you have time to post them.

Jeff

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the warm Welcome's. I figured you would want pictures, so instead of posting here, and there, and then again over there, I just decided to post once in the Gallery. Hope you don't mind. Looking forward to spending some time here, and getting to know you all, and hopefully be able to help out with posts of mine every now and then. I'm not familiar with the flat fenders just yet, but when it come to the round fenders, I can be a useful resource.

TMO - Yes you and I have talked, or should I say typed, back and forth a couple of times already. You know me from WFM as well as GTtalk. It'll be good to catch up with you again!

Tanks again,
Troy

Reactions: T-Mo and Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
6,037 Posts
:wgtt: From north Missouri! :greentractorride: ~~ Lowell

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
Thanks for all of the warm Welcome's. I figured you would want pictures, so instead of posting here, and there, and then again over there, I just decided to post once in the Gallery. Hope you don't mind. Looking forward to spending some time here, and getting to know you all, and hopefully be able to help out with posts of mine every now and then. I'm not familiar with the flat fenders just yet, but when it come to the round fenders, I can be a useful resource.

TMO - Yes you and I have talked, or should I say typed, back and forth a couple of times already. You know me from WFM as well as GTtalk. It'll be good to catch up with you again!

Tanks again,
Troy
Troy,
I've seen a lot of those pictures. In fact, you sent me some of them to post on WFM in the Show me your RF picture thread. You have a nice collection of tractors and attachments. Makes my herd look very, very small. Do you have any youtube videos of your tractors, in action?

·
Premium Member
14,886 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Troy,
I've seen a lot of those pictures. In fact, you sent me some of them to post on WFM in the Show me your RF picture thread. You have a nice collection of tractors and attachments. Makes my herd look very, very small. Do you have any youtube videos of your tractors, in action?
You would be correct Terry, that was me. Thanks for the complements but the tractors aren't as nice as I'd like them to look, yet! I'm hoping to get all of my non-tractor related projects done by the end of this year, so I can focus on the collection next year, and hopefully get some of them restored. Fingers Crossed!

As for youtube videos, I hardly have enough knowledge to find my way around a computer, and you want me to shoot a video? :laugh: Never gave it a thought, and not even sure I know what I'm doing or how to do it, but maybe in the future I'll give it a try.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts