Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I'm Tim, I live in Maine and was hatched in eastern Ohio where the first machine I operated was Grampa's 420 while sittin on his lap. I was 5 or 6 then. Didn't know how to feed a clutch in so just dumped it and popped mini wheelies. Can still hear Grampa laughing.

Its been in my mind for more than a few years to have a 420 like his and if possible to track his down and drag it to my Maine homestead. Still have a lot of family in the Newcomerstown area so who knows.

I have some noob 420 questions that I'll post in (I hope) the proper area.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. JD has used the 420 number more than once. Mine is a L&G from 92. they also made a lager utility tractor. look forward to your input. :good2:

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

I was just in Bangor a couple of weeks ago, went to Acadia Nat'l Park for a day to see/plan for an extended visit some day in the future. Also visited the Cole Transportation Museum ... very nice.
Beautiful area that Maine state!

Welcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from Illinois. JD has used the 420 number more than once. Mine is a L&G from 92. they also made a lager utility tractor. look forward to your input. :good2:
Thanks Drifter.

Grandad's was the farm work horse model. :laugh:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Welcome from New York.

I was just in Bangor a couple of weeks ago, went to Acadia Nat'l Park for a day to see/plan for an extended visit some day in the future. Also visited the Cole Transportation Museum ... very nice.

Welcome.

It sure is purdy here! Lots of spots remind of where I grew up in Ohio too, only not as hot n humid.

Family moved north when I was 14 (in 72). I bought a nice little piece of heaven not far from Bangor, a 7 ac fallow hay field where I'm currently working on one of my bucket list items. I'm building a small home with my own hands. I'm pushing 60 and its slow going, but it' be all ours bought n paid for when its done.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Welcome to GTT.
:greentractorride:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,082 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts

Welcome from New York.

Welcome.
First welcome Tnic from central mass, yes a Massh** now to Tom; I don't know how you got there because you can't get there from where you live! and it's pronounced Bangga. Ayuh

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
First welcome Tnic from central mass, yes a Massh** now to Tom; I don't know how you got there because you can't get there from where you live! and it's pronounced Bangga. Ayuh
:dunno: Drove the caaah there, left the tractaaah at home. Oh yeah, we did have to drive through this state called Massachusetts and stopped for lunch with our stepson outside of a city called Baaahston :mocking: That's a nice state too.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ban-Goah! Noob :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas! Nice to see a couple other Mainahs in the bunch. I'm a retired MAINEiac, btw.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Tim,

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts