Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just brought home an 855 yesterday with a 70A loader on it. I hvae always wanted to have the chance to spend some time with one of these and my wonderful wife bid on this unit for me while I was flying home from a work trip!

Anyway, I consider myself handy but this is a complicated machine and I am a little intimidated as it's my first diesel 4x4 tractor. The biggest thing I had been around much was a simplicity 9020 and this close to twice that size...so I am in the intimidated / "what did I do" phase of this experience.

I need to go over this unit to make sure maintenance is up to snuff and sort out some electrical gremlins.

At any rate, this seems like a pretty cool forum resource so I am starting here to get smarter. Any FAQs I should read please point me in that direction so I can avoid being too anoyoing with the basic questions that most probably have.

I have the TM1360 Tech Manual and CTM3 engine supplement, but I would like to get the operator manual JD-O-OMM95303 operators manual and the PC2054 parts manual. Any susgestions for the best value for money on those?

I have a lot of ambition for this spring around the house but I really want to make sure fluids are good / filters are clean etc first.

Thanks for reading my intro!

Will ( 855_guy)

·
Administrator
20,476 Posts
Will,
:wgtt:

The OM (most) and Tech manuals are available on JD's website. The OM is free and downloadable if available. Parts are on JDParts.com, so no need for the parts manual.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Welcome from West MI :greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,699 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Your gonna love that machine.

I've got a 955 and its been great for the last 20 yrs or so.

Whats your electrical issue?

I had a previous 955 that was electricly challenged.

·
Super Moderator
5,494 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:wgtt:From MN

·
Premium Member
12,903 Posts

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
:wgtt:from another Michigander.

Great machine, congratulations and enjoy. You came to the right place to learn, theses guys and gals are a ton of help.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Welcome. You’ll love the 855. I have it’s bigger brother (955) and it’s been a great tractor.

Operator manual from Deere. As was already stated parts are inline so you don’t need that.

Oh and we love pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome!
I had a friend who had a 955 with electrical problems that puzzled a few before I looked at it.
The problem I found was the terminals that hold the fuses had broken between the fuse and the wires. It would usually make contact until the tractor hit a bump or pushed the loader bucket into a hard pile, took a while to diagnose but was a fairly simple fix.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,294 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Premium Member
14,395 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow lots of warm welcomes here. Much more and much faster than I was expecting. I am still learning about the unit but the dash lights were intermittent for the glow plugs etc ( sometimes there are lights on the dash when started and sometimes not)

Also could not get the PTO to turn on but I know it works...that might be user error.

I'm traveling for work at the moment so I'm typing on a phone with fat fingers. Appilogies if this post has typos etc

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
So here’s the deal with the glow plugs.

They only come on if it’s 60° or less. They come on and stay one for about 10-15 seconds then shut off. So depending it might not be an intermittent problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 22 Posts