Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here from Poplarville, Ms. The wife and I have had JD equipment for years. Today we purchased a new X750 for her. Looking forward to many years of use. I am a mechanical engineer several years from retirement so maintenance is something I am very keen on. Also have a 1953 Model 40 waiting to be restored but that’s an altogether different thread. Cheers!

·
Administrator
20,983 Posts
eddiebob,
:wgtt:

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

My son just moved to Hattiesburg a couple months ago. He's also a mechanical engineer.

·
Premium Member
15,075 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Premium Member
6,064 Posts

Reactions: eddiebob

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,132 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,874 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts

Reactions: PJR832 and eddiebob

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,822 Posts
Welcome to GTT, from next door. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio!

Mississippi is the one state in the Southeast that I haven't been to but I definitely want to go. I love the South!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from SW Ohio!

Mississippi is the one state in the Southeast that I haven't been to but I definitely want to go. I love the South!

Thanks! We don’t have nearly the attractions of some places but there are several pretty good ones. The Natchez Trace is beautiful, the gulf coast is nice, and there are several well preserved Civil War battlefields. We also have a presidential library in Biloxi, Beauvoir. The cost of living is great, the food is good, manners and hospitality are real. And a gal with a Mississippi drawl will just melt you.

·
Premium Member
13,874 Posts
Thanks! We don’t have nearly the attractions of some places but there are several pretty good ones. The Natchez Trace is beautiful, the gulf coast is nice, and there are several well preserved Civil War battlefields. We also have a presidential library in Biloxi, Beauvoir. The cost of living is great, the food is good, manners and hospitality are real. And a gal with a Mississippi drawl will just melt you.
Isn't that the truth, on long weekends when I was in the Marines I used to go to Grenada with a buddy of mine, pretty sure I fell in love every time I went. :thumbup1gif::laugh:

·
Super Moderator
5,643 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Thanks! We don’t have nearly the attractions of some places but there are several pretty good ones. The Natchez Trace is beautiful, the gulf coast is nice, and there are several well preserved Civil War battlefields. We also have a presidential library in Biloxi, Beauvoir.
I had to look up the Library as I wasn't familiar with it. Hopefully the politically correct crowd doesn't start hollering to shut it down. Looks beautiful!! :good2:

The cost of living is great, the food is good, manners and hospitality are real. And a gal with a Mississippi drawl will just melt you.
Ain't that the truth!! I spent a lot of time in the South and the "native born GRITS" (Girls Raised In The South :laugh:) will just draw you in. :flag_of_truce: But I think that Sweetie might have a little something to say about me being "melted by a drawl" these days! :laugh:

I was headed to ATL many years ago and the woman next to me on the plane was a columnist for the "Hattiesburg American". She ended up writing a column about sitting next to me on the plane and the conversation we had - part of which revolved around accents/drawls and dialect. I tried to find a link to her column, but all of them appear to be pay sites.

·
Registered
558 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts