Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a pair of these and they work great. I pulled small saplings first and then tried them on a small tree about 2-1/2" in diameter. I put the R in low and fwd and it didn't even show any hesitation. Nice tool, KHOP
PS, got them from Amazon.$54.00

Attachments

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Thanks for the review, I have always wondered how well they really worked.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I could really use some of them. Not only for the tractor, but also lifting plate steel up to the plasma table with the gantry. That is a good price on amazon.

Are the teeth steel on the jaws?

·
Registered
132 Posts
The basic frame is what I was looking for. I can machine out some new jaws for what I need it for. It looks like they would easily be swapped out.

My plates wouldn't weight more than 200 lbs anyway and there is much more force than that on any tree when pulling.
Thanks for the info on it.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
What are they called . . . ??

(So we can search for them.)

·
Administrator
22,258 Posts
Like 56fordguy said, I've also seen them called pallet pullers. Northern Tool and Tractor Supply sells them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Administrator
22,258 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Thanks, guys. Found them. Looks like a worthwhile tool for us who have a thicket full of small saplings!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for the review. I have been eyeballing a set of these.
2 1/2" is a nice size. I wondered if the 1026R would be able to pull out something that large.
Glad to hear it can.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I see there is an "original" model, and a HD model. For my uses, I would never be pulling out anything over 3", and as far as I can tell, 2" would be the max I'd do. Does the original model seem plenty stout enough for 2" saplings?

·
Premium Member
10,200 Posts
This thread got me started thinking, and I found a couple of neat ideas. One is made to slide onto a set of forks, but looks like it could easily be adapted to work on a three point hitch. Looks pretty simple, so it might be worth building at home. The factory made version is rather expensive. It would eliminate having to get off the tractor seat, though. When you lift, the jaws tighten and bite into the tree, when you lower they should open and release it. Click here.

A bit fancier idea I saw was a set of hydraulic jaws. It was one fixed jaw that could not move, and the other jaw was hinged on a hydraulic cylinder operated by a remote line. You could control how hard it squeezed, so it seems like that might work better for metal posts. Not sure how well the first one would grab a T post, unless you could hook it from the side. If you're just replacing one post and not tearing out the whole fence, you would have to grab it from the front or back.

I'm thinking I might try to build one of the ones like the grubber I linked to. Sure would be handy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.