Green Tractor Talk banner

Gt 235

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Nodlenor 
#1 ·
So I bought a gt 235 that needs some love. I am trying to fix all the small problems. One is that the rear tires are mismatched. One has a turf tire the other has the old school mower tire I don't know what they are called but they come on every murray and lawn mower you buy at home depot. The tires that are on there are the 23x10.5-12 and I found a good deal locally on a set on like new turf tires 24x12-12 will this affect anything like how it level it will cut grass. seems like it would be a very small difference in height

#2 · (Edited)
You will have to re level the mower deck for sure.
Make sure you have the extra room for the larger tires.

#5 ·
You don't say what mower you've got but mine has the 48" on it and I don't think there is enough room for the 12" tires and from what I've read they are not recommended. The one inch difference in height will raise the back of the mower nearly one half inch which might leave streaks between the blades as it will tilt the deck and let the blades cut lower in front. Most recomend only 1/4" difference front to back to get an even cut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.