Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started getting my 'new to me' 225 back in shape after buying it from someone who didn't take much care of it. As part of the process, I'm replacing the fuel filter, however it seems to be completely missing! There isn't much out there but from every picture and exploded diagram I can find, the exact location of where the filter is supposed to be has this odd wafer piece instead of what looks like any normal fuel filter I can find for the 2xx series. I can't tell if this was the original and they drastically changed the part since the original manufactured piece or the old owner rigged up some alternative so he wouldn't have to get the original part.

Is this the piece I'm looking to replace and should I just install the new filter with the arrows pointing in the direction of the fuel flow since I can't find any indicators on this device.

I've included a picture of the piece in question which is on the right side of the tractor leading from the gas line to the fuel pump.

Thanks in advance for the help!
SJ

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,997 Posts
The filter in your photo is a filter like used on a lot of lawn tractors. It is typically non-directional.

filter2.jpg filter3.jpg

The factory filter (AM116304) is shaped like shown below and it is directional.

AM116304a.jpg

One isn't necessarily better than the other, it all depends on the micron size. If possible, you certainly can't go wrong with using the factory filter.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The filter in your photo is a filter like used on a lot of lawn tractors. It is typically non-directional.

View attachment 606818 View attachment 606842

The factory filter (AM116304) is shaped like shown below and it is directional.

View attachment 606826

One isn't necessarily better than the other, it all depends on the micron size. If possible, you certainly can't go wrong with using the factory filter.

Wonderful! Thank you for the answer. I was tearing it apart trying to figure out why I couldn't find anything like the filter I had and that location was the only spot that made sense. I'll get to replacing and hopefully I'll be all set. Thank you again!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Wonderful! Thank you for the answer. I was tearing it apart trying to figure out why I couldn't find anything like the filter I had and that location was the only spot that made sense. I'll get to replacing and hopefully I'll be all set. Thank you again!

By the looks of your hoses, you may want to take a close look at them also. Outside cracking and inside shedding are common on older and neglected machines. This can raise hell With the fuel systems and cause much frustration. Just a thought.:hi:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts