Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GT245 54c (probably 2002 model), and the mower deck belt doesn't spin anymore. I suspect that it's because the drive belt double-pulley is messed up.

jd_gt245_54c_pulley1.jpg

It seems like the bearing is gone. I don't know how it has been working all these years without the bearing. I took it off and there are still a bunch of balls inside.

jd_gt245_54c_pulley2.jpg

Is there any way for me to fix this with the current items I have above? How do I put those parts back and get it to spin properly again?

I bought the replacement part (AM133924), but it doesn't seem to fit.

jd_gt245_54c_pulley4.jpg

The pulley's spindle-rod is just too big. Did I get the wrong part? Do I need to get a new spindle-rod as well? What is its part number?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I have a GT245 54c (probably 2002 model), and the mower deck belt doesn't spin anymore. I suspect that it's because the drive belt double-pulley is messed up.

View attachment 379970

It seems like the bearing is gone. I don't know how it has been working all these years without the bearing. I took it off and there are still a bunch of balls inside.

View attachment 379978

Is there any way for me to fix this with the current items I have above? How do I put those parts back and get it to spin properly again?

I bought the replacement part (AM133924), but it doesn't seem to fit.

View attachment 379986

The pulley's spindle-rod is just too big. Did I get the wrong part? Do I need to get a new spindle-rod as well? What is its part number?

Thanks in advance!!!
Looking at your pictures I don't know how it worked so long either. lol That had to be making noise.
No way to put it back together with the old parts. Believe me that you lost a few.
However I think that the one old part that you didn't loose is boning you. The old bearing had a metal race/ring that rode inside of them balls. It's probably still stuck on the shaft by either rust or friction welding. If you can't get it off you might have to replace the spindle. Might be easier to just replace it. Be sure to get new mounting hardware.

This is a good time to check or replace any other bearings on your deck.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
You need to remove the bolt and whats left of the bearings and bushing. There's a nut on the bottom of bolt. Then just bolt the new pulley on.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts