Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GT262 that I bought a few weeks back. I was mowing for over an hour and it just shut down like I had turned it off. I went to restart it and the battery acted like it was dead. I bought a new battery because the other was 4 yrs old. I was mowing today and it did the same thing. Any ideas why it would shut down or why it would drain the battery?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Shutting down is easy, insufficient electrical power! Now you need to find out why! It can be poor connections "someplace", a bad/failing charging system, or a component drawing more power than the charging system can supply.
Time to use your meter...use one if you have one or get one if you don't (we can walk you through how to use if you don't know). Check battery voltage, post to post on battery... should be around 12.5-12.7 volts DC. Start engine, warm for 3-5 minutes, go full throttle, and check battery voltage again... should be 13.5-14.5 volts DC. You'll need someone or about 100# in the seat, but turn pto on and check battery voltage... should be 13ish, but not below 12 volts. Start there and report back. Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.