Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing over the past few days to maybe a week that GTT has been getting a bit sluggish and times out frequently when posting messages. I first noticed I had to click on a thread more than once before it would open and over the last few days I have had the site timeout numerous times when trying to reply to a message. It usually pops up with a box asking me if I want to wait or leave the page. Waiting normally doesn't work and I usually end up aborting and re-doing the message from scratch.

Is this just me or are others noticing the same thing?

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Fine on my end

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Notice sluggish latey? Yes. Time out? I don't get that on my tablet. A couple months ago I noticed that if I had a long post that I was creating, I would hit "preview post" and it would disappear, and I'd have to start all over. Was even happening without previewing and just trying to "submit reply". So now when I have a long post going, I frequently copy my text to the clipboard so I don't have to start from scratch if it fails. Even did it with this post, just in case.

·
Registered
21,218 Posts
Same here jgayman - but it is intermittent.

Sometimes it takes up to 20 seconds or so to load a page. I've actually gotten the server error page a couple times.

And I know its not me - I will immediately go to another site and everything is snappy as usual.

And I'm not answering the question of what browser I am using......

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
Typical for a VS owned site.:unknown: It is definitely slow. I've noticed this for the last couple weeks off and on. Unfortunate but it's something we have to deal with! :banghead: Giz maybe you're right, and a server reboot may fix 'er up!

·
Registered
46 Posts
CHROME BROWSER doing same...

Chrome on my Desktop has been doing that lately. :unknown: Specially when I use the "Smileys".... Oh NO !! ANYTHING but that !! :painkiller:

I keeping getting the "Oh Snap" message and then the reload message. :gaah:

·
Registered
11,272 Posts
I use Chrome on my desktop at work and laptop at home.

·
Premium Member
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've gotten this several times this morning when trying to post responses. Even when trying to post this message I had to click "Submit Reply" several times.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
It's not a connection issue. It's our site!:banghead:

·
Super Moderator
7,889 Posts
Same here. There's a significant delay when selecting the "What's New" link on the menu bar.

·
Premium Member
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Most likely due to your internet connection. Try running a speed test and see what it says.
It's not a connection issue. I have 3 other computers in the house and there are no issues accessing any other sites, YouTube videos, etc.

·
Premium Member
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No problems on my end. It works as it always has for me.
How many message posts have you submitted in the last 2 days?

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Yesterday wasn't too bad, just a bit slow. Today is real bad. I've lost two posts to who knows where, had a Oh Snap! freeze and pages are loading very slow. Luckily, most of my posts are meaningless and easy to retype.

Make that three lost posts. :banghead: At least this one I had copied before trying to submit.

·
Premium Member
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yesterday wasn't too bad, just a bit slow. Today is real bad. I've lost two posts to who knows where, had a Oh Snap! freeze and pages are loading very slow. Luckily, most of my posts are meaningless and easy to retype.

Make that three lost posts. :banghead: At least this one I had copied before trying to submit.
Yes, the problem seems to be much worse on posts.

I've started Marking and Copying my text just prior to clicking "submit" so I don't have to re-type everything when it locks up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
How many message posts have you submitted in the last 2 days?
I don't post a lot and have not had any of the things happening on my end as some of the members are posting. I'm not saying there is not anything wrong with the site. Whatever it is it's not effecting my use of the site at all. when I click on a topic such as What's new, it loads immediately no slowness at all.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts