Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello GTT members,

With a heavy heart, I wanted to share the news with everyone that we have sold GTT and our entire Ag network of sites to VerticalScope. This was not an easy decision, one that actually was on me more than anyone. Without getting into deep details, my wife is not well. This has put loads of burdens mostly on me with her increased care, physical therapy, loads of testing and so on. We feel we are at a cross roads with her health and must put all resources personally into her care.

It has been a true pleasure to be a part of the group. The members here are what make this a great forum. I hope to still be a part of it once we move more rurally. I may end up needing some sort of Deere to take care of the small property. Winter will give me time to consider all options and see what options are best.

VerticalScope will take over and run GTT as it has been run in the past. We know everyone here loves GTT, changes are never easy and they will certainly work with the current mod group to keep GTT running better than it ever has. With their vast amount of resources and expertise, I believe GTT will be better than ever.

Thanks to everyone for your understanding. Once again, this was not at all easy for me, I do not do well with change and to me this is about as big a change as it gets. I hope everyone gives them a big, warm welcome.

Thanks again, everyone!
All my best,
Kevin

·
Registered
21,997 Posts
Sorry to hear of your circumstances but totally understand your decision - family first!

But I'm in the camp that change isn't a good thing. This forum has been run so smoothly since I've been here - will have to wait and see what happens.

·
Administrator
1,058 Posts
Hello everyone,

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for VerticalScope, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties for greentractortalk.com.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,

Philip

·
Super Moderator
7,950 Posts
Kevin,

Best of luck to both you and your wife! :good2:

Frank

·
Premium Member
14,390 Posts
Kevin

Dang hate to hear the news of GTT being sold, but as others have stated, Family is first.

Best wishes to you and your wife

Prayers for you and your wife health.

Gene

·
Administrator
17,525 Posts
Welcome to the team Philip :good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,691 Posts
Welcome to the group Philip.

·
Administrator
20,474 Posts
Philip,
:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all!!!

Hope to actually still be around, and it would not be working for them. I would be here on my own free will. Not sure what I will get to mow, happy I will have the winter to ponder it all :) Even if it's not a Deere (Although the plan is for one), this is still the best place to go for help :)

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,736 Posts
Kevin,
I wish you and your wife the best.

I dislike hearing that this site is selling, but that's how it goes; and I accept that. This is my go-to forum; and will remain that way, as long as the change isn't too great(friendly & helpful wise).

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,219 Posts
Kevin, sorry to hear about your wife and I hope everything gets worked out for the best. :pray:

Philip, :wgtt:

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Kevin,
I too would like to say I'm sorry to hear about your wife's health problems.

I also echo what others have said about concerns about the website as we now know it. Time will tell.

I'm relatively new to the site but stop by several times a day.

I wish you and your wife the best and thanks for providing a place for us to come and meet new people, get or give assistance and discuss our projects.

Thank you again

Brian

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
so do we get to keep our current admin team? or will they and the moderators be replaced with someone else?

oh yeah, does gizmo get a pay cut? and i get a raise?:lol::lol:

·
Super Moderator
4,966 Posts
Sorry to hear of your situation Kevin. My best wishes go out to both you and your wife. :good2:

And welcome aboard Phillip. I guess the one question for you.... what ya for your tractor? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
14,390 Posts
Philip

Welcome from West Virginia

:wgtt:

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Kevin, the best of wishes for you and your wife - I'll be praying for you all.

Philip, Welcome to the site. I know you will continue the work Kevin and his team has done here. Again, welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL
well if they will stay then yest that does not change at all!
thanks again all, treatments begin next week again, woohoo on the tollway in Dallas we will go.

so do we get to keep our current admin team? or will they and the moderators be replaced with someone else?

oh yeah, does gizmo get a pay cut? and i get a raise?:lol::lol:

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
I hope your wife's health improves, Kevin. Thanks for running the site. You did well.

Welcome, Phillip. This is a great place to be.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts