Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I know they have gun mounts for ATV's perhaps you could modify one of those. I normally just pack my 9mm in holster. :usa:usa

·
Registered
607 Posts
The company Kolpin makes a lot of products for doing this type of thing on ATV's as said and most would transfer to the tractor nicely. If I were going to regularly carry a long gun I'd probably mount a good hard case like a Pelican to the ROPS and carry it that way. You wouldn't have to worry about getting caught in the rain or dragging the gun through tree limbs.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
while im out on my property i like to carry a shotgun with me on tractor.
anybody have or done a gun mount on there scut?
Google search "tractor gun mount". There are some interesting ideas there....

·
Registered
217 Posts
I usually carry a pistol but a shotgun would be nice. I'll be following this thread.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,680 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
FOR PEOPLE IN PA that carry a gun on a tractor, be careful, the law is strange...

In PA you can open carry, loaded or empty, anywhere in the state except cities of the first class (Philadelphia is the only one). In Philly, you need a carry permit to carry open - if that isn't strange enough already...

If you open carry in or on a conveyance (Car, truck, boat, tractor, ATV, bicycle, skateboard, jetski...) you must have a concealed carry permit or you are in violation of the law.

That means you can put your unloaded gun in the car, drive somewhere, get out, load it and open carry it without any issues. If you forget to unload it and get back into the car (tractor) it must be unloaded.

For a state that has a very clearly written 2nd A law they really missed the boat on this one - oh, and no long gun shall be transported loaded upon any motorized conveyance either. Only a pistol with a licensed carrier may be loaded while riding in or on a conveyance...

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned....(unless they are in a conveyance of course)... :nunu:

·
Administrator
20,688 Posts
Guys, let's not turn this into a gun politics thread. We do have a section for that, but this isn't what the OP was asking for. Thank you. :hi:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
How about putting a sling on the shotgun. Then carry it over your shoulder. They make a lot of different styles to find something you are comfortable with.

I used to put the pistol in my carry all bag behind the tractor seat. I learned the hard way that sometimes that's not close enough. When you are away from the tractor you are away from the gun.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
How about putting a sling on the shotgun. Then carry it over your shoulder. They make a lot of different styles to find something you are comfortable with.

I used to put the pistol in my carry all bag behind the tractor seat. I learned the hard way that sometimes that's not close enough. When you are away from the tractor you are away from the gun.
Grandpa always said "you never have a gun when you need one" :usa

·
Registered
913 Posts
Are you near the area where the prisoners killed the two guards? How have you been carrying the gun on the tractor so far?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
The colors should match...
You sir have a problem. lol

That's really cool. Now I have to have one. What did you coat them with?

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
You sir have a problem. lol

That's really cool. Now I have to have one. What did you coat them with?
:unknown: Random pics from a John Deere/Gun google search...your own your own neighbor HD:cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,160 Posts
I have a holster mounted to the fender.

It is a .38 loaded with rat shot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you near the area where the prisoners killed the two guards? How have you been carrying the gun on the tractor so far?
yes basically 20 mins from that spot. i carry a 9mm on my side but want something a lil more scattered out kinda shot! lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FOR PEOPLE IN PA that carry a gun on a tractor, be careful, the law is strange...

In PA you can open carry, loaded or empty, anywhere in the state except cities of the first class (Philadelphia is the only one). In Philly, you need a carry permit to carry open - if that isn't strange enough already...

If you open carry in or on a conveyance (Car, truck, boat, tractor, ATV, bicycle, skateboard, jetski...) you must have a concealed carry permit or you are in violation of the law.

That means you can put your unloaded gun in the car, drive somewhere, get out, load it and open carry it without any issues. If you forget to unload it and get back into the car (tractor) it must be unloaded.

For a state that has a very clearly written 2nd A law they really missed the boat on this one - oh, and no long gun shall be transported loaded upon any motorized conveyance either. Only a pistol with a licensed carrier may be loaded while riding in or on a conveyance...

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned....(unless they are in a conveyance of course)... :nunu:
dont have that problem here in Ga.

·
Registered
778 Posts
dont have that problem here in Ga.
Well in NC you can carry concealed without a permit on your own private property. Too much to stay up with, and they change the laws all the time, don't need the hassle. Not sure why I would want a gun on my tractor, critters hear it for miles?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts