Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I make a sharp left turn the engine starts to die...

If I let up on the turn the engine revs back up.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Wild posterior guess... Rear axle lock stuck "In"...?

·
Premium Member
8,800 Posts
When I make a sharp left turn the engine starts to die...

If I let up on the turn the engine revs back up.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Does it make any difference if you are on a incline or flat surface? (Thinking fuel flow.....)

Its hard to imagine that there is anything near the steering linkage which could be getting pinched or bound up which would cause this, but I guess stranger things have happened.

It sounds like it is either somehow grounding out the ignition system or somehow hampering fuel flow, but I can't envision what would be close enough to anything in the steering arm or column which would cause this......

Any chance something loose is coming in contact with the battery terminals somehow? Or the plug wire(s)?

Looking forward to the solution on this one......

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Hiya,

Seat safety switch properly functioning and adjusted correctly?

Tom

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it make any difference if you are on a incline or flat surface? (Thinking fuel flow.....)

Its hard to imagine that there is anything near the steering linkage which could be getting pinched or bound up which would cause this, but I guess stranger things have happened.

It sounds like it is either somehow grounding out the ignition system or somehow hampering fuel flow, but I can't envision what would be close enough to anything in the steering arm or column which would cause this......

Any chance something loose is coming in contact with the battery terminals somehow? Or the plug wire(s)?

Looking forward to the solution on this one......
I have had it happen on both level or sloped ground. Will check the battery tonight. Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hiya,

Seat safety switch properly functioning and adjusted correctly?

Tom
Seat switch is working fine. Made sure I was not leaning to one side or the other when the wheels were turned. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Just for a clarification: Is there any noticible effect turning the wheel to the left when standing still or moving very slowly? At what speed does the effect begin... or diminish?

Looking at my GX335 today this one is a puzzle!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just did some testing. Drove in circles on my driveway. Neighbors must think I am drinking too much. The driveway has a slight slope. When I was going uphill or down the engine would start to sputter. If I straightened out the engine would run smoothly. Now I need to drink more. Don't want to look like a drunken fool for nothing.

·
Administrator
20,675 Posts
Just did some testing. Drove in circles on my driveway. Neighbors must think I drinking too much. The driveway has a slight slope. When I was going uphill or down the engine would start to sputter. If I straightened out the engine would run smoothly. Now I need to drink more. Don't want to look like a drunken fool for nothing.
Did it matter the direction of the circle you drove, or was it consistent?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Always left. Did not happen when going right.

·
Administrator
20,675 Posts
Always left. Did not happen when going right.
Weird... Wish I could see the tractor in person.

Gas tank full? Gas cap vent not plugged? Have you checked the electrical connectors?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to take it back to the dealer to see if they can figure it out.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I could be going out on a limb here, but the GX345 has power steering (at least tractordata.com say so). Upon further investigation, this power steering is coupled (or part of) the hyrostatic system on this tractor. So, is there a deeper issue here? Maybe an issue with the hydro pump, or something like that? Seems odd that it would only happen when turning left, and uphill/downhill. Did you check your hydraulic fluid level?

Like I said, I could be reaching a bit too far and this is a very simple problem which I am over complicating...:unknown:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will check the hydraulic fluid level. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,800 Posts
I could be going out on a limb here, but the GX345 has power steering (at least tractordata.com say so). Upon further investigation, this power steering is coupled (or part of) the hyrostatic system on this tractor. So, is there a deeper issue here? Maybe an issue with the hydro pump, or something like that? Seems odd that it would only happen when turning left, and uphill/downhill. Did you check your hydraulic fluid level?

Like I said, I could be reaching a bit too far and this is a very simple problem which I am over complicating...:unknown:
What would be the fun if we didn;t take this risk?:laugh:

·
Premium Member
8,800 Posts
Please be sure to let us know what the dealer says.......This one is interesting.....Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, got the tractor back from the dealer today. They put on a new carburetor, a new timing module, and checked the hydraulic fluid. I haven't talked to the tech yet to see what else they might have done.
I will be cutting the grass tomorrow. I'll let you all know if the issues have been solved.

·
Premium Member
8,800 Posts
Ok, got the tractor back from the dealer today. They put on a new carburetor, a new timing module, and checked the hydraulic fluid. I haven't talked to the tech yet to see what else they might have done.
I will be cutting the grass tomorrow. I'll let you all know if the issues have been solved.
Tomorrow? That thing has headlights, doesn't it? After all, we have been waiting patiently.....:thumbup1gif:

Just kidding, of course.....Be interesting to see how it runs now.

By the way, did they tell you to now only make right hand turns while mowing?:lol:

Seriously, anxious to hear the good news....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I cut the front grass. About a quarter of my 2 acres. No issues. The dealer put in a clamp that won't let me turn the steering wheel to the left.:)
Actually the work they did seemed to have done the trick.
The new carburetor, timing module, and checking the hydraulic system all together seems to have fixed it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts