Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Year 5 and I notice my FEL is loose. Not from bolt torque but what seem bushing wear at the pivot points. I grease these prior to any heavy work. Is there a rebuild kit available for the H120 FEL?

·
Administrator
18,314 Posts
:wgtt:

I’ve never seen a complete kit, but replacement pins are available. Have you determined if it’s the pins or bushings that is wearing?

·
Administrator
18,314 Posts
No simple way, you’d have the disassemble the joint and accurately measure the pin and bore. This is not something generally done on small machines because of the little use they see.

Thanks for the compliment :good2:

Reactions: Levi and PJR832

·
Premium Member
12,763 Posts
Are there any specific pivot points that seem loose? If greased regularly 5-years is a pretty short time to wear out the loader joints.

What grease have you been using?

Reactions: Levi and Kennyd

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Are there any specific pivot points that seem loose? If greased regularly 5-years is a pretty short time to wear out the loader joints.

What grease have you been using?
I tend to agree, it seems quite unlikely that either pins or bushings will be worn significantly enough to be noticeable as “loose” on one of these machines within the hours usually seen even over 5 years... Perhaps what’s being assumed to be wear is actually something else...

Other loose fittings/bolts? Lack of sufficient lube? Etc?

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
12,763 Posts
I tend to agree, it seems quite unlikely that either pins or bushings will be worn significantly enough to be noticeable as “loose” on one of these machines within the hours usually seen even over 5 years... Perhaps what’s being assumed to be wear is actually something else...

Other loose fittings/bolts? Lack of sufficient lube? Etc?
If I recall the pins/bushings move in and out a bit under normal conditions. Perhaps the OP is seeing some movement and thinking it is wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts