Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
In this case, I'm sure JD's "close" is the point where the difference is not noticeable working the loader in material. If it's affecting grading, etc., then it's out of tolerances...

Reactions: Green Man

·
Registered
376 Posts
My 1025r FILB is the same way. The left side of the loader bucket is about a full inch lower when setting it on the ground. I asked the dealer to check it before I took delivery and either they thought it was okay or just forgot about it. I'll dbl check tire pressures and take some measurements and report back.

Jon Loman

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think mine has been like you are describing since day one. When I'm on a completely level surface, (concrete garage floor) and I pull back on the SCV, it seems like the right side of the bucket leaves the ground before the left. When touching the bucket to the ground, I believe the left side is the first to hit.
Mine, too. I tried to loosen the FEL bracket bolts, force them level, and re-tighten (that was a job). It fixed the problem until the I used it to pick up the next scoop of dirt. Now it's off-level again.

any solutions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine, too. I tried to loosen the FEL bracket bolts, force them level, and re-tighten (that was a job). It fixed the problem until the I used it to pick up the next scoop of dirt. Now it's off-level again.

any solutions?
On my Compact 4400/420 FEL I have the same problem, I have measured everything and both sides are very close ( within 1/8 inch ). I measured the extension of the lift cylinders and the are 1 CM different. I am starting to believe they are the issue, they do not extend the same. Can this be a valve problem? The cylinders been on my list to rebuild with new seals , I had to do that to the bucket cylinders a long time ago after trying to unearth a boulder that turned out to be much bigger than I thought. But Just wondering it it may be a clue to the culprit. Would 1 CM cylinder translate to close to 1 1/2 inches at the ground ? They need the rebuild since they will not maintain height for a few years now.

·
Administrator
21,294 Posts
Most of the time when a cylinder leaks down, it's usually from fluid leaking by the spool in the valve, not the piston seals. To check which is the case, simply raise your bucket and disconnect the quick disconnects. If it still leaks down, it's the piston seals. If it stays in the same relative spot, it's your valve leaking by. My money (.02) is on the valve.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Most of the time when a cylinder leaks down, it's usually from fluid leaking by the spool in the valve, not the piston seals. To check which is the case, simply raise your bucket and disconnect the quick disconnects. If it still leaks down, it's the piston seals. If it stays in the same relative spot, it's your valve leaking by. My money (.02) is on the valve.
Hey Jason I think you missed the question. I think they were asking how to fix a bucket that is not level and not asking about leak down.

·
Administrator
21,294 Posts
Hey Jason I think you missed the question. I think they were asking how to fix a bucket that is not level and not asking about leak down.
I was only commenting on the later half of his post about his cylinders. I can't add much to his first question.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Re. "bucket level", when I put my chains on this Winter I noticed during tension adjustment one tire substantially "larger" than the other @ recommended 20psi.

Front tire size/pressure variations won't affect the tractor/bucket level because of the axle pivot, but rear height differences will. The rear of the tractor should be on the same side to side plane as the bucket to make it level. Mine is also off some, maybe .5"-.75", but I only notice it picking the bucket up off the concrete shop floor. I never noticed it once in use.

I'd check the rear pressures AND exact circumference (not standing height) for micro adjustments to the FEL...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,095 Posts
Re. "bucket level", when I put my chains on this Winter I noticed during tension adjustment one tire substantially "larger" than the other @ recommended 20psi.

Front tire size/pressure variations won't affect the tractor/bucket level because of the axle pivot, but rear height differences will. The rear of the tractor should be on the same side to side plane as the bucket to make it level. Mine is also off some, maybe .5"-.75", but I only notice it picking the bucket up off the concrete shop floor. I never noticed it once in use.

I'd check the rear pressures AND exact circumference (not standing height) for micro adjustments to the FEL...
Good post! :good2:

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any updates on the bucket issue. I just purchased a 1025R with a H120 loader and I am having the same issue. The right side of the bucket sets about 3/4 in higher than the left side.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any updates on the bucket issue. I just purchased a 1025R with a H120 loader and I am having the same issue. The right side of the bucket sets about 3/4 in higher than the left side.

I have the same issue, the right side is about 1-3/4" higher than the left side when lowered, JD measured from several points all over the tractor, removed and inspected they cylinders, fitted a new loader to the tractor, fitted a new bucket to the tractor, adjusted the mounts, etc. All attempts failed to address the problem. I have a new loader on order. we'll see how that works out. Maybe they'll let me trade the tractor in for a 2 series...
I noticed that the left side always touches down before the right when lowering it while pushing snow this winter. Since then my JD dealer has been very helpful in trying to solve the problem. But im sure they are running out of options unless JD corporate is willing to replace items under warranty. I'm glad to hear im not the only one with this issue.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
... they are running out of options unless JD corporate is willing to replace items under warranty..
Have they determined WHAT parts? IF the frame of the tractor is sqare to the floor and the loader mounts and bucket is squared to the tractor... Exactly what does that leave? (He wondered out loud.) Perhaps an unbalanced loader lift arm hydraulic problem?

·
Administrator
19,251 Posts
I have the same issue, the right side is about 1-3/4" higher than the left side when lowered, JD measured from several points all over the tractor, removed and inspected they cylinders, fitted a new loader to the tractor, fitted a new bucket to the tractor, adjusted the mounts, etc. All attempts failed to address the problem. I have a new loader on order. we'll see how that works out. Maybe they'll let me trade the tractor in for a 2 series...
I noticed that the left side always touches down before the right when lowering it while pushing snow this winter. Since then my JD dealer has been very helpful in trying to solve the problem. But im sure they are running out of options unless JD corporate is willing to replace items under warranty. I'm glad to hear im not the only one with this issue.
Have they tried swaping the REAR tires from side-to-side?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,095 Posts

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Have they tried swaping the REAR tires from side-to-side?
Terrible Kenny. How about letting 1.5 lbs of air out of the tire that is on the side that is higher?

Seriously though, if you don't have the bucket on and lower the loader arms down are they not level? Does the bucket sit flat when placed on a hard surface? I'm wondering if something is bent or the bucket might be twisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have they determined WHAT parts? IF the frame of the tractor is sqare to the floor and the loader mounts and bucket is squared to the tractor... Exactly what does that leave? (He wondered out loud.) Perhaps an unbalanced loader lift arm hydraulic problem?
Just got a call from my service rep and he was asked to do more measuring.... how many times does one need to measure to realize its not level and not acceptable for a $18000 tractor. I'll report back with any findings they may have.:morning2:

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Just got a call from my service rep and he was asked to do more measuring.... how many times does one need to measure to realize its not level and not acceptable for a $18000 tractor. I'll report back with any findings they may have.:morning2:
Good luck. Let all of us know the outcome. What is the dealer measuring? They don't own a level??

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Good luck. Let all of us know the outcome. What is the dealer measuring? They don't own a level??

Once the tractor sits leveled by all 4 corners on a perfectly level surface there are numerous loader attachment points, structure parts and weldments that can be narrowed down. Pretty hard to detect a bent lift arm or misaligned cross brace by eye. I guess mine isn't in the "way out" catagory, but I'm following this closely. (I'm betting my level problem is completely that "larger" rear tire, but I ain't lettin' out no air!:laugh:)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Any new updates? My left side is now much lower than the right. It didn't used to be like that. I bumped it on a tree when I was shredding. I was just creeping forward so no damage whatsoever should have come to the loader or frame, It didn't even put a real mark on the tree. It is frustrating me. I feel like tapping the right side on a tree now or lifting the tractor with just the left side of the bucket to see if it will straighten back out. idk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any new updates? My left side is now much lower than the right. It didn't used to be like that. I bumped it on a tree when I was shredding. I was just creeping forward so no damage whatsoever should have come to the loader or frame, It didn't even put a real mark on the tree. It is frustrating me. I feel like tapping the right side on a tree now or lifting the tractor with just the left side of the bucket to see if it will straighten back out. idk

No update right now. The dealer is picking my tractor up this morning to refit the old or the new loader in hopes they "fixed" the problem. they also are fixing the broken cruise control lever. I'll post back when it comes back to me. :nunu:

21 - 40 of 70 Posts