Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
No update right now. The dealer is picking my tractor up this morning to refit the old or the new loader in hopes they "fixed" the problem. they also are fixing the broken cruise control lever. I'll post back when it comes back to me. :nunu:

tractor arrived home yesterday. As soon as i dropped the bucket to the garage floor i knew we still had a problem. Even after two weeks of measuring and whatever else they did its still not level from side to side. I'm sure the dealer will be as frustrated as i am when i call them to let them know its still off. On a more positive note, i now have a functioning cruise control lever.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Ok.. So, I have to ask..

Are you sure that the entire area of the pad that you're parking it on is completely and perfectly level? Most garage floors, for example, appear level but have a slope built into them for drainage purposes.

What happens if you turn the machine off and then float the joystick to relieve all pressure in the hydraulics? It's fairly common for one side to operate at a slightly different rate from the other and throw off the geometry. For example, each side of my FEL operates the curl function at a slightly different rate and they do not stay in sync with each other.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,095 Posts
Could the bucket be removed and hung by the bucket hooks so the top of the bucket is perfectly level and then check the cutting edge lip to see if it is also level? Basically, is it the bucket or the loader mounts that are off?

Adjustable tie down straps would work pretty well for this.

Reactions: felixm22

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Could the bucket be removed and hung by the bucket hooks so the top of the bucket is perfectly level and then check the cutting edge lip to see if it is also level? Basically, is it the bucket or the loader mounts that are off?

Adjustable tie down straps would work pretty well for this.
That would ensure that the top and bottom edges of the bucket were parallel to each other, but it wouldn't account for the mounting points for each side of the JDQA being slightly off. Did anyone try a different bucket? Is there a possibility that the CUT Carrier on the loader is slightly different in height from one side to the other?

Reactions: bearfoot

·
Registered
26 Posts
-yes, the pad is level side to side.
-there have been 3 different buckets on the loader, nothing changed.
-the dealer replaced/ rebuilt parts of the loader frame in hopes that squaring the frame up it would level the bucket.
-the dealer says all measuring points are to spec and the same.
:thumbsdown:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,095 Posts
All too strange soobie99. Going by the picture you posted with the yellow lines, how far is it off by?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,095 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here from new

Hey Guys,
I have the exact same issue with my brand new 1025r & H120. I have mentioned this to the dealer but no reply as yet. Has anyone had any result with this issue as yet as Im not happy. Mine is a good 3/4 to 1" different with the right hand side always lifting first (when viewed from seat). And its pretty obvious with the bucket about a meter of the ground too. Come on JD pls help rectify this issue as it seems to be very common.

Thanks Trev...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,095 Posts
Welcome to GTT Trev10.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bucket not level fix

Steve,
I never did get an updates on this however I have solved the issue by installing some spacers (washers) inbetween the top two mounting bolts for the loader support arm and the chassis.(approx 4mm). The loader support arm is the bottom cast piece that bolts onto the main chassis with six bolts. I only did this for the right hand side (viewed from seat). I now have over 50hrs on this machine and all is going well.

Trev...

:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::greentractorride::greentractorride::greentractorride::cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Steve,
I never did get an updates on this however I have solved the issue by installing some spacers (washers) inbetween the top two mounting bolts for the loader support arm and the chassis.(approx 4mm). The loader support arm is the bottom cast piece that bolts onto the main chassis with six bolts. I only did this for the right hand side (viewed from seat). I now have over 50hrs on this machine and all is going well.
If you did what I think, I would be concerned. Spacing the top mounting bolts means that the casting is now angled with respect to the frame. When you torque the bolts down it will be contacting the frame only along the bottom edge and the washers - not good. Also, If the top is spaced 4mm away via the washers, then in the middle will be a 2mm gap. The two middle bolts will be trying to pull the casting flat to the frame but won't be able to, instead they will be doing their best to flex and crack the casting.

The torque forces on this casting-to-frame connection are huge. I am sure that being properly fastened flatly to the frame is required for the connection to perform as designed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
like W9GFO said,

I had the same issue with my tractor... I discovered that one frame rail was not plumb when the tractor was sitting level on all corners... I even took the mounting hardware to work and measured them on the coordinate measuring machine... they were the same. Air pressures were all good...

You will find that one of the frame rails is "tilted" from vertical..... when they welded the fram I believe that they did not get the frame rails parallel...

had to shim under the big bolts that mount the outrigger so the mounting face was parallel to the other sides outrigger

then it was perfectly level !!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
like W9GFO said,

I had the same issue with my tractor... I discovered that one frame rail was not plumb when the tractor was sitting level on all corners... I even took the mounting hardware to work and measured them on the coordinate measuring machine... they were the same. Air pressures were all good...

You will find that one of the frame rails is "tilted" from vertical..... when they welded the fram I believe that they did not get the frame rails parallel...

had to shim under the big bolts that mount the outrigger so the mounting face was parallel to the other sides outrigger

then it was perfectly level !!!!!

I also have this problem, but I am not quite certain where you guys are shimming to correct it.
could you post a pic of the area or the bolts you are placing the shims?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any updates to this older thread? Noticed my 1025r left side hits before right side, didn't seem to notice it so much before, may have just have gotten worse.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Keep your tires pretty high up on your maintenance checklist. At least as often as you check your oil. :good2: Especially if you mow. It'll prevent mower connect/disconnect issues. :drinks:
That would be often since every day that I use mine I check the oil first. Drilled into me by my Granddad.

Reactions: dieselshadow

·
Registered
148 Posts
My 2018 1023e has the same issue. It was considerably worse when I first got it because the left rear tire was deformed and 1 inch shorter than the right. It was so bad it looked like it was a different size. I took the tire off and took it back to the dealer (Muttons) and they promptly exchanged it for a new one. I could tell the service manager was not happy that it got through a delivery inspection that way. But even now the LH side of the bucket touches the ground first with the tractor level. I have used the loader several times...it does not gouge and it seems so common I don't think I am going to worry about it. I don't have time right now anyway.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have this same problem, which I noticed while lifting mulch out of my truck's bed. I haven't measured the error yet, but I estimate 1"-1.5". Since I was working with lightweight mulch I wasn't concerned, but it did get me thinking: If I am working with heavy material, will this put undue strain on one half of the loader "system" if the bucket isn't level? (be it the loader frame, cylinder, or whatever)

41 - 60 of 70 Posts