Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to use my H120 in a downward force. Is this force strong enough to lift the front of the tractor (1025r) off the ground? Does it harm the H120 to use it in this fashion?

Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would like to use my H120 in a downward force. Is this force strong enough to lift the front of the tractor (1025r) off the ground? Does it harm the H120 to use it in this fashion?

Thanks
It most definitly is strong enough to lift the front tires off the ground. And no it doesnt harm it at all, well maybe unless your doing it all day long all the time. Mines been lifting the tires for years when back grading or plowing snow in float.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,077 Posts
Can you provide a bit more detail on how you intend to use the FEL with the front tires raised off the ground. Lifting the tires alone does not put any undue stress on the loader. But there are plenty of other activities that new tractor owners can unknowingly do that can cause excessive stress and even risk bending / breaking a hydraulic cylinder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you provide a bit more detail on how you intend to use the FEL with the front tires raised off the ground. Lifting the tires alone does not put any undue stress on the loader. But there are plenty of other activities that new tractor owners can unknowingly do that can cause excessive stress and even risk bending / breaking a hydraulic cylinder.
I'm wanting to split wood with it.

·
Administrator
18,525 Posts
You’ll need much more force than a small tractor can impose.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I'm wanting to split wood with it.
You’ll need much more force than a small tractor can impose.
Kenny is correct unfortunately for you. The H120 has POUNDS (perhaps 500-1500) of downward force, a log splitter employs TONS (5-30T) of force to do its work, they are orders of magnitude in difference.

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
IMHO, if you'd like to use your tractor to split wood, then purchase a 3PH mounted splitter. You may be able to find one that uses the tractor hydraulics or PB / Power Beyond circuit or a semi-self contained unit that uses a rear PTO hydraulic pump. :hi:

·
Registered
700 Posts
The arms are fragile. Look at the thickness of the metal alone. It isn't hard to warp them, and I've seen some snapped ones. Some downward force is definitely acceptable, but raising the front end, particularly moving forward, will inevitably result in the above two conditions when you "clip" something firmly wedged in the ground.

There's a reason industrial machines are built with much thicker metal.

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
306 Posts
Dont do it

Anytime i see a bucket on a piece of equipment i cringe as they are not designed to apply force downward or forwards at 90* that is ONLY for dumping the bucket If i saw one of my employees operate my equipment like that they would be pulled off of it. Your risking damaging something i guarantee it.
Not a photo of me but something pulled off google. Depending on usage and amount needed, I have been in the shop lots lately and have used maybe a chord or less each month, even a cheapo electric splitter could do. Im still young and don't mind swinging the axe still, It can be some great exercise

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts