Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks

Here I am again . I am curious on the H120 bucket bottom / cutting edge tolerance !

I lay a 4' level on my cutting edge and I have about a 1/4" daylight in the middle !

Is this common with new JD buckets ? Will it become more an issue ? Maybe weak point to bow more ?

Don't want to ruffle any feathers here , just comments about the tolerance of what should be allowed .

So please don't say its just a tractor , not a car or truck , I Know this and also know I spent $24,000.

Thanks for all comments on this thread and Have a Good Day !!

LOOKING FORWARD TO MAKING POSITIVE COMMENTS WHEN I CAN START ENJOYING MY NEW TOY !!!

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. But since it bothers you, see if you dealer has a better one in inventory and ask to trade it.

Unless you are scraping perfectly flat surfaces, you won't notice 1/4" difference. If you use the bucket for what it was designed for (light materials such as gravel, loose dirt, mulch etc.) you'll find it'll perform quite well. :good2:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. But since it bothers you, see if you dealer has a better one in inventory and ask to trade it.

Unless you are scraping perfectly flat surfaces, you won't notice 1/4" difference. If you use the bucket for what it was designed for (light materials such as gravel, loose dirt, mulch etc.) you'll find it'll perform quite well. :good2:
I agree here completely. If you have a problem with it talk to your dealer about it. Hopefully he can remedy the situation for you...

Or you could mark the center of the offending area and unbend it yourself if you like. I've trued up several buckets in the past that were a bit out of line.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks Diesel for the comment ! I am used to my previous Terramite front bucket with a perfect level bottom ,
but it had a heavier bucket thickness !!!:dunno: Sometimes when we see things that are an issue we tend to
keep searching for more !

Reactions: BigJim55 and Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
7,932 Posts
I have never checked any of my buckets :hide:

If you can't see a problem without using a tool, as in the just looking at it, I would not worry about it.

My luck, if I tried to fix a bucket "smile". I would end up with a bucket "frown" :nunu:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,103 Posts
Banging in fence posts every Spring with the FEL always leads to a bent bucket for me. Even if I put a small load of dirt in the bucket.
These babies always fix the issue for me........mostly.:lol:

Sledgehammer.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Banging in fence posts every Spring with the FEL always leads to a bent bucket for me. Even if I put a small load of dirt in the bucket.
These babies always fix the issue for me........mostly.:lol:

View attachment 143017
Hey Gizmo2 Do you expect an old man to use a sledge :lol: Well almost old man !!!:laugh:

Thanks to all for their advice and remedies !!!

Now I can enjoy my Toy:greentractorride:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey on a Good Note I am making dollies for backhoe , loader , ballast box, snowblower and blade ...

I'll get pics soon . They are / will be mostly HF dollies with some modifications ...

Reactions: BigJim55 and Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
.... I am curious on the H120 bucket bottom / cutting edge tolerance ! I lay a 4' level on my cutting edge and I have about a 1/4" daylight in the middle !
I "had" the same thing with my bucket, and I understand in most situations it would not be noticeable and certainly would not hinder typical loader functions. My solution can be found in the http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/general-tractor-operation-ownership/29233-what-upgrades-have-you-done-like-7.html#post369746 thread where I posted pictures that I'm guessing are similar to yours.

I would have been removing snow from concrete in a "normal" winter, I thought a replaceable/reversible cutting edge would fix two issues; edge straightness and easier to replace than welding in a new edge. I knew myself well enough that if I were pushing snow on a "flat" surface and left a trail each pass, I would have put more down pressure on the bucket and made more passes, both options accelerating wear. Guess I must be OCD about silly little things like that.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 9 of 9 Posts