Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had pallet forks attached to my h120 loader. I was pushing brush with the forks in the down position. The strain broke the black hydraulic hose. Replaced hose and bucket will not tilt up when I move the control to the left. If you very carefully nudge the control to the left, you can get the bucket to tilt up. But go too far and it stops. I hooked the black and yellow hoses to the chute of my snow blower and it seemed to work ok. Any opinions as to if the cylinders on the loader are shot or if the problem is with the diverter valve.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
11,285 Posts
Did you replace the hydro. fluid you lost? Check trans. and see if it's low. Other then that I can't help.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
43,439 Posts
I'd be more incline to think something with the hose you replaced or the connectors.

·
Administrator
21,588 Posts
You could have blown the seals in both cylinders also, if there was enough pressure to pop a hose that would be my guess. Thinking worst case a cracked valve, but you said the chute works on your blower, and you'd see visible leaking if it was cracked.

Reactions: blue87fj60

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yellow and Black quick connectors reversed...?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you replace the hydro. fluid you lost? Check trans. and see if it's low. Other then that I can't help.
a. I replaced the fluid.
b. no leaks at cylinders.
c. New hose was purchased from JD dealer.
c no leaks at control valve.

Today I plan to reverse the hoses, . If the problem is sill present when I rotate up, its probably a problem with the valve, if the problem changes to when I rotate the bucket down, it should be cylinder problem.

·
Administrator
21,919 Posts
I'd also double check the connections at the QD's. One or more may not be fully seated. Remove, clean, and re-seat them. :good2:

·
Premium Member
9,412 Posts
I'd also double check the connections at the QD's. One or more may not be fully seated. Remove, clean, and re-seat them. :good2:
My first thought too. dieselshadow beat me to the post. :thumbup1gif:

To confirm it's not the valve, swap the boom cylinder connections with the bucket cylinder connections and see what happens. If your boom no longer responds, it's a valve or connector problem.

I would think if you damaged a cylinder internally it would not work in both directions.

Reactions: t rzyski

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Doesn't the loader have an orifice someplace to make movement smooth? I may be thinking of the mower lift, but I thought I read the loader had one also. I'm sure there is a bunch of air in the system, but it should move fairly quickly once it's bled. Will b interested to see what you find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update

Well the situation has changed. Today it is a s follows,

Moving the boom up is normal with plenty of lift power.
Moving the boom down is gravity only, no downward pressure (cant lift front of tractor)
Moving the bucket tilt to the left and the buck tilts up
Moving the joystick to the right and the bucket rotates down unless you push it to the far right(fast dump) then the bucket stops rotating down and starts to rotate up.

I am going to order Part LVA17474 valve rebuild kit. $76.00 vs $760 for new valve. Hope it works.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Sounds like you are on the right track with the valving.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
What happens when you swap the connections????? That should tell you whether it is the cylinder or the valve (or maybe even the QC,s themselves.

Dave

·
Administrator
21,588 Posts
I am going to order Part LVA17474 valve rebuild kit. $76.00 vs $760 for new valve. Hope it works.

Maybe I am missing something in JDP, but that # appears to be for some type of relief valve, not a "rebuild kit".
Diagram Auto part Automotive window part

Manual Hydraulic Valve
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTYSERIAL NO.REMARKS
1LVA19131Manual Hydraulic Valve1SUB FOR LVA17423
LVA17477Seal Kit1Valve Seal X20
LVA17474Valve Kit1Relief Valve
LVA16975Lock Kit1Hwd Kit
AW34590Detent Kit1Float Detent (Boom Section)
LVA17475Control Kit1Regen Centering X20 SCV
LVA19158Spool Valve1VALVE, W/O BOOT/GIMBAL
2LVA16974Lock Kit1Spool
3LVU23147Boot1SCV X20

I would get/build a gauge setup first, and test each port for pressure before throwing money at parts.

·
Premium Member
10,131 Posts
I agree with Kenny, I think more diagnostic work is needed here.

Just a note, the 1 series may not lift the front end off the ground due to the geometry of the loader. Put some 4x4 boards under the bucket and then try to lift it, but even then some 1 series owners have reported that their machines don't do that. A pressure gauge is the only way to know what's going on for sure.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
If you have FBS (floppy bucket syndrome), you may have trouble getting it to lift the front end off the ground. Put some concrete blocks or 4x4's under the bucket for additional lifting height.

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts