Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just removed the blower from my 1025r, and put the loader on for the first time in 4 months.

I had a bear of a time with the lift/lower blue and red connectors as it was pretty cold when I took it off and today was a warm day.

I tried pushing the connectors against a piece of metal, but the nipples wouldn't budge and I ended up having to squeeze them in with a pair of channel locks. I tried taking the. Weight off the part stand, shifting the loader around with a 2x4, trying to relieve the pressure on the cylinders but no dice. Finally was able to squeeze in the nipple and let out a quick burst of fluid with the channel locks.

Doesn't appear that any physical damage was done to the connectors as a result of this, so that's good.

However now the loader seems slow. It may just be me as I haven't used it for 4 months, but what's The lift cycle time on the H120? Curl and dump seem fine. Tried various engine speeds but it just seems slower then I remember. It's about 5ish seconds from ground to top.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
...but what's The lift cycle time on the H120? Curl and dump seem fine. Tried various engine speeds but it just seems slower then I remember. It's about 5ish seconds from ground to top.
Here's video of the 1026R showing the lift speed, at idle.

Also, don't forget to put a rag over those hydraulic connectors when relieving pressure.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's about right, I guess I just remember it as faster.

The whole rag over the coupler thing, is that just because of the pressure? The fluid itself won't damage anything right?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
When you remove the loader, make sure that you move the joystick in all directions several times after you have turned off the engine. That relieves the pressure in the lines. Otherwise, you will have a difficult time when it comes time to reconnect the loader hyd fitings.

Dave

·
Administrator
18,298 Posts
If that happens again, rather that using channel locks against the poppet just grab two wrenches and lossen the coupler a bit to relieve the pressure.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yeah that's about right, I guess I just remember it as faster.

The whole rag over the coupler thing, is that just because of the pressure? The fluid itself won't damage anything right?
Keeps it from squirting and getting where you don't want it, such as in the eyes. There's also the risk of injecting into the skin but that is probably not very likely if you keep body parts away.

Reactions: Marlin and BigJim55

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
If that happens again, rather that using channel locks against the poppet just grab two wrenches and lossen the coupler a bit to relieve the pressure.
I've done this, but beware, the sealing o-ring can pooch out. If you don't pay attention to it, you could damage or destroy it when re-tightening the fittings. I prefer the "press the poppet" method because of that.

Somewhere someone has a tool for that. It's a clamp that fits over the fitting and has a thumb-screw that presses the poppet without damage. If I could find it again.....

Better yet, I know a certain company that should sell these tools. :good2:

Kenny, are you still awake? :lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I'll have to note the temp next fall when I remove the loader and try to re attach it when the temp is similar.

For it was available, I'd certainly buy one of the "tools" to push the poppet.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't use my loader often but it's a life saver when needed. I let my loader sit for a couple of months and even after "wiggling" the joystick before I disconnect it had problems putting the connectors back together. I placed rags over the ends and tap the tips with a hammer. The rag was soaked and if it wasn't there could shoot fluid at least 10 feet in a pretty strong stream. The problem with no rag for me was the danger of getting shot in the face with oil, everywhere else it's pretty much just a mess maker. I only tapped one connector before I gabbed a rag, it seemed to shoot in any direction it felt like. The other problem is if you happen to bleed too much oil depending on the connector you tapped the loader might have settled to a lower position that you can not drive the "loader mounts" under the loader frame. After seeing the single point video I never looked back, best mod I have done, at least for me.

Maybe I just went about it all wrong, I usually made two quick taps to the tips before I could get the couplings together.

Edit....well a bit late but better than never, I am just not fast enough doing the seek and destroy method on my cell phone.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The other problem is if you happen to bleed too much oil depending on the connector you tapped the loader might have settled to a lower position that you can not drive the "loader mounts" under the loader frame.
If the loader stand is fully deployed the loader will not droop because it is "over center". I only learned of this last year when someone mentioned it here on the forum. When you are disconnecting the loader, keep operating the SCV so that it lifts as high as possible. The latches will then flip down automatically - that's how you know it is high enough. You'll need to back the tractor away slightly while doing this to keep the loader stand from making contact with the tractor. In this position it does not rely on hydraulic pressure to keep the loader standing.

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
^^^^ Very true. ^^^^

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
dieselshadow; I believe jgayman has the info u desire, and I remember seeing a link he gave everyone, but I didn't save it either. glad u brought this up, as my loader has set for a couple of months now, and I know it's gonna be a rough time hooking hoses up. so maybe when jgayman reads this tomorrow, maybe he can lead us the right way.

Reactions: Marlin

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
look-I found the tool-Waite's Tools makes a handy little gizmo for releasing the pressure from a hydraulic quick coupler.

and yes jgayman was the one who posted it first! but I cannot find waite's tool website. so I'm hopeing for help from jgayman.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I cannot find waite's tool website. so I'm hopeing for help from jgayman.
Seems to be offline, but there is a phone number right there in the pic.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As Dave stated; shut the tractor off, move the joy stick on all directions a few times to relieve all pressure. I have never had an issue with pressure in the lines at any temps or length of time any attachments have been off. :greentractorride:

·
Administrator
18,298 Posts
I made several attempts to contact them about buying/selling these tools, never got a reply. There is no website and info is sparse, I gave up.

·
Premium Member
12,734 Posts
I made several attempts to contact them about buying/selling these tools, never got a reply. There is no website and info is sparse, I gave up.
Correct. There is no website and while they do list an email I never received a response. However, when I called the telephone number they answered right away and were very helpful.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
So I just removed the blower from my 1025r, and put the loader on for the first time in 4 months.

I had a bear of a time with the lift/lower blue and red connectors as it was pretty cold when I took it off and today was a warm day.

I tried pushing the connectors against a piece of metal, but the nipples wouldn't budge and I ended up having to squeeze them in with a pair of channel locks. I tried taking the. Weight off the part stand, shifting the loader around with a 2x4, trying to relieve the pressure on the cylinders but no dice. Finally was able to squeeze in the nipple and let out a quick burst of fluid with the channel locks.

Doesn't appear that any physical damage was done to the connectors as a result of this, so that's good.

However now the loader seems slow. It may just be me as I haven't used it for 4 months, but what's The lift cycle time on the H120? Curl and dump seem fine. Tried various engine speeds but it just seems slower then I remember. It's about 5ish seconds from ground to top.
Ok I'm going to ask. You said the loader has been sitting for four months. Was it sitting properly? By this I mean when it was unhooked four months ago, did the latches that drop down to lock the loader onto the tractor drop down when you removed it? My loader sits for four to six months as well, and the latches always drop down when I remove it. If the latches don't drop down when the loader is removed I think the weight is still on the lift cylinders, which could be causing your connection issue as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,298 Posts
Correct. There is no website and while they do list an email I never received a response. However, when I called the telephone number they answered right away and were very helpful.
I called, left a few messages, never receive a call back. Either it was just bad timing or they are not interested in selling to me in quantities.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I've done this, but beware, the sealing o-ring can pooch out. If you don't pay attention to it, you could damage or destroy it when re-tightening the fittings. I prefer the "press the poppet" method because of that.

Somewhere someone has a tool for that. It's a clamp that fits over the fitting and has a thumb-screw that presses the poppet without damage. If I could find it again.....

Better yet, I know a certain company that should sell these tools. :good2:

Kenny, are you still awake? :lol:
i just trace the line to the cylinder and loosen it there. just a bit. i think that it solves this problem?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts