Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what appears to be a loose nut where the hydraulic cylinder attaches to the bucket of my H120 FEL. If you look at the photo, it is the nut that also holds the bucket guide bracket. You can see there are no threads showing. The bucket guide bracket is VERY loose - I don't remember it being that loose before (tractor has 290 hrs). The cylinder on the other side has lots of thread showing (other picture).

My problem is when I try to tighten the nut, it doesn't want to budge at all! I even used a two foot breaker. The loader manual says to torque the nut to 110 ftlbs, but I think I will break the bolt if I twist any harder.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't want the cylinder to come off unexpectedly.

Thanks

IMG_1454.jpg IMG_1456.jpg

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looks perfectly normal to me. matches mine. The reason you don't see threads in the bracket
takes up that space compared to the opposite side.

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
I have what appears to be a loose nut where the hydraulic cylinder attaches to the bucket of my H120 FEL. If you look at the photo, it is the nut that also holds the bucket guide bracket. You can see there are no threads showing. The bucket guide bracket is VERY loose - I don't remember it being that loose before (tractor has 290 hrs). The cylinder on the other side has lots of thread showing (other picture).

My problem is when I try to tighten the nut, it doesn't want to budge at all! I even used a two foot breaker. The loader manual says to torque the nut to 110 ftlbs, but I think I will break the bolt if I twist any harder.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't want the cylinder to come off unexpectedly.

Thanks

View attachment 171874 View attachment 171882
This may sound like a stupid question, but can you loosen the nut and remove it from the stud, or did you simply try to tighten it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to move it both ways. It is stuck. I don't remember the bucket guide being this loose.

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
The image in the parts schematic shows 3 "Washers" which are the number 5 in the image on the actual mounting bracket bolt.

Reactions: DeereBoots

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks perfectly normal to me. matches mine. The reason you don't see threads in the bracket
takes up that space compared to the opposite side.
If it matches yours (no threads past the nut), then I am okay. I just don't remember the bucket guide being that loose.

thanks

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
I tried to move it both ways. It is stuck. I don't remember the bucket guide being this loose.
If the nut can't be loosened, I wouldn't worry about losing the bracket.

The space the bracket takes up along with the 3 washers would certainly result in less threads showing on the end of the bolt. You could always loosen it with an impact wrench if you have one and then re-tighten it with a torque wrench to be sure it is correct. But if you don't have an air impact wrench or a torque wrench to re-tighten it, I would simply keep an eye on it.

You can't lose the bracket if the nut won't come off.........

By the way, welcome the the GTT forum.......

Reactions: DeereBoots

·
Registered
498 Posts
If it matches yours (no threads past the nut), then I am okay. I just don't remember the bucket guide being that loose.

thanks
Yep. I only see the point like you picture shows.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I feel like my bucket is very loose and has a lot of slop, is that normal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
I can't say if it is normal, but mine has always been loose. I notice it only every once in a while.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just went outside and checked my machine with 18 hours on it now. It has side to side play but didn't really notice any other play in it. I would say the play is normal:good2:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine was loose from day one. Checked other tractors on the JD lot and they looked to be a bit tighter. So if memory serves me, I took one thin washer out and replaced that one with a thicker washer to snug things up a bit. Also if I remember the nut bottoms out and there is no amount of force that will make the tilt bracket tight on less you play with shimming it a bit. Remember it can not be tight, it needs some free play. My 2 cents. :)

Reactions: worzy1014

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The play is normal.

Reactions: coaltrain

·
Registered
22 Posts
The bolt/nut that holds on the bucket level guide is sloppy on mine too. All like that at the dealer when I checked too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts