Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 10 year old Kubota BX1800 with a 60" deck and a front end loader that I just traded for a 1025R with a 60D deck and the H120 loader. For the past month I've been struggling with adjusting the mower deck. I've had the same problems that are listed here on GTT and I think that after reading all the entries I can solve them.

But this isn't what I'm writing about. My question is about the loader. My Kubota would tilt the bucket at the same time as raising or lowering it, a very convenient feature. While scooping up a load I could tilt the bucket back at the same time. The JD loader will only do one thing at a time; raise or tilt. At least I haven't been able to get it to do it. Is this a JD design feature? Has anyone else noticed this problem? Am I doing something wrong? As usual, no help from the dealer.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I had a 10 year old Kubota BX1800 with a 60" deck and a front end loader that I just traded for a 1025R with a 60D deck and the H120 loader. For the past month I've been struggling with adjusting the mower deck. I've had the same problems that are listed here on GTT and I think that after reading all the entries I can solve them.

But this isn't what I'm writing about. My question is about the loader. My Kubota would tilt the bucket at the same time as raising or lowering it, a very convenient feature. While scooping up a load I could tilt the bucket back at the same time. The JD loader will only do one thing at a time; raise or tilt. At least I haven't been able to get it to do it. Is this a JD design feature? Has anyone else noticed this problem? Am I doing something wrong? As usual, no help from the dealer.
It will do both if you find the extremely small sweet spot. The hydraulics are so slow though that it doesn't really save any time. I just curl back and then raise now. It doesn't take but a few extra seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
The hydraulics are single action, so only one thing at a time. Some people can feather the valve, but it takes an expert touch which is something I do not possess.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
It will do both if you find the extremely small sweet spot. The hydraulics are so slow though that it doesn't really save any time. I just curl back and then raise now. It doesn't take but a few extra seconds.

He's right. You have to find the sweet spot. When raising the loader I have no luck but can find the sweet spot pretty easily lowering the loader arms. However as Milharri stated, it moves so slow it doesn't save any time.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I'm just going off memory here, but doesnt the bx series only have one hydraulic ram for the loader? If so, I would imagine that would be the difference as only half as much area for the pump to fill. And as such, halve more capacity to do two functions at once. My 2520 supposedly has a bigger pump than the 2320. But it is barely able to do two at once...and like the others said...there is a definite sweet spot.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I'm just going off memory here, but doesnt the bx series only have one hydraulic ram for the loader? If so, I would imagine that would be the difference as only half as much area for the pump to fill. And as such, halve more capacity to do two functions at once. My 2520 supposedly has a bigger pump than the 2320. But it is barely able to do two at once...and like the others said...there is a definite sweet spot.
I had a BX 1860, it had a single large ram for bucket curl. It did work very well to lift and curl at the same time. There was no sweet spot for it... It just done it smoothly. That was one of my hang ups when looking at JD. But I hated the pedals, that alone pushed me green.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I had a BX 1860, it had a single large ram for bucket curl. It did work very well to lift and curl at the same time. There was no sweet spot for it... It just done it smoothly. That was one of my hang ups when looking at JD. But I hated the pedals, that alone pushed me green.
Guys,

I can easily raise and curl back the bucket on mine and I do it all the time ... but it does happen as a relatively slow speed function. Since I got the SCV replaced, there's really not much to complain about on my tractor. Everything functions as expected ... or even better than expected.

I recently completed a project removing some subsoil (50% clay - 50% soil) in a flat area right near the seawall. The area was pretty small considering that I had to use 1/3rd of it just to pile the sod I removed. That left an area where I dug out about 6" of HEAVY subsoil and piled it up on another pile. On day one, I was trying to dig out that subsoil but the area was just too wet and I was getting stuck. I knew it was quitting time when I barely got the tractor out of the hole at one point. So I waited a couple of days for things to dry out (with the sprinkler shut off and no rain) and then I went back at it and finished the digging. Then I transferred my pile of subsoil up the bluff and across the street to fill in a low spot over there. On each return trip, I brought down a load of beach sand which I dumped into the hole to replace the subsoil. With all the sand in place, I pulled the very heavy sod back over the sand and packed it down with the tractor. Very little hand work was needed. I then brought down about a yard of topsoil to smooth out the surface. I little grass seed and Milorganite and done. Now that area has much better drainage and it won't be so soft to drive on.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,056 Posts
I never could figure this all out. Our 1988 JD650 had NO problem doing two function at once.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I never could figure this all out. Our 1988 JD650 had NO problem doing two function at once.
I would think that the internals of the SCV valve would have a lot to do with how fast the fluid can flow not just the volume the pump puts out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts