Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this has been asked before. If so, my apologies as I couldn't find an answer. I have a 1023e with the H120 loader. If the bucket is all the way rolled back, should I be able to lower the loader and have the down force lift the front wheels? My old 2305 would lift them quite a bit in this fashion but I have to unroll (open) the bucket on the 1023 to lift it. Even then, the front wheels barely come up. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Don't know if this has been asked before. If so, my apologies as I couldn't find an answer. I have a 1023e with the H120 loader. If the bucket is all the way rolled back, should I be able to lower the loader and have the down force lift the front wheels? My old 2305 would lift them quite a bit in this fashion but I have to unroll (open) the bucket on the 1023 to lift it. Even then, the front wheels barely come up. Thanks in advance.

I believe this is the "floppy bucket syndrome". I have the same issue with my 1025R that they said they fixed, but did not replace the valve. I will be visiting my new dealer at some time in the future when I can spare the tractor, possibly this fall.

Dave

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
With the bucket fully curled back, lowering the boom will not bring the front tires off the ground. Uncurling the bucket I can lift the front wheels well over a foot off the ground.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? Interesting. Like I said, my 2305 would lift up easy with bucket curled back. Wonder why JD changed that. I get nowhere near a foot up uncurling but I'm assuming this is the same problem as others are having with bucket holding down while trying to back-drag????

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Really? Interesting. Like I said, my 2305 would lift up easy with bucket curled back. Wonder why JD changed that. I get nowhere near a foot up uncurling but I'm assuming this is the same problem as others are having with bucket holding down while trying to back-drag????
Floppy bucket makes is so that you have to wait a few seconds for the cylinder to refill with oil. It does not affect range of motion or power.

You should be able to get pretty far up. My bucket can rotate so that the front edge is pointing straight down - even a bit more than that. I don't see why any other H120 would be different.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
So, I start my tractor and let it run a bit with bucket curled back, then uncurl and it should go up like you say?
If your bucket starts out flat on the ground, yeah, it should raise the wheels. Mine does, easily.

I just checked, I can get my front wheels about 18" off the ground. Having the tooth bar installed gains a couple inches. You should be able to get over a foot easily.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Ok. Mine does not. I can hold the lever to open and a few inches is all I get
To be clear, uncurling (dumping) is holding the lever to the right. Is that what you are doing?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Well I am surprised that yours does not. We have the same loader, same tractor (essentially) yet yours cannot lift more than a few inches while mine can easily.

Are you trying this with the brake released? The wheels will need to roll as the front end rises up.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes. All this "floppy bucket", lack of "back drag hold" made me wonder. Again, my 2305 would raise up this way and extend further if I uncurled bucket. I thought maybe it was because the 2305 had curved arms on the loader, allowing more downward travel

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yes. All this "floppy bucket", lack of "back drag hold" made me wonder. Again, my 2305 would raise up this way and extend further if I uncurled bucket. I thought maybe it was because the 2305 had curved arms on the loader, allowing more downward travel
Could you take a video of you trying to lift your tractor?

With the bucket curled it should barely lift the front tires off of the ground. With the bucket in the dump position it should lift it the height of the bucket off the ground. Like. Foot or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Yes. All this "floppy bucket", lack of "back drag hold" made me wonder.
That wouldn't make any difference.

I too would like to see a video. It doesn't make sense that your loader can't lift the front end. The other weird thing, because of how the geometry works out, after you lift (uncurl) a few inches is when the force will be greatest.

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
If you push the loader joystick too far to the right, it goes into "regen" mode. Regen is fast dump but it also cuts back on the available power. Try this again without going into regen mode. :good2:

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Also has a lot to with the weight on the back end...If I have my BH extended at all,front end gets much lighter. Do you have the same counterweight that your 2305 had? Might take a couple hundred more pounds.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you push the loader joystick too far to the right, it goes into "regen" mode. Regen is fast dump but it also cuts back on the available power. Try this again without going into regen mode. :good2:
I can try this. The only reason I notice this is when removing the loader. I havent used the loader for much strenuous work yet so I'm not sure how it does "in the field." All I know is on the 2305, I would curl the bucket all the way and it would easily raise the tractor to unlock the loader. Now, on the 1023, when the loader contacts ground, that's it until I uncurl and then it'll raise a couple inches or so.

As for background on why I'm even asking some of these questions that may seem trivial to some, the 2305 was low-hour (250) used (2009) and ended up having a cracked rearend from previous owner that I found a month after I bought it from dealer. JD had never seen anything like it, because of where the crack was (top of transmission). In the end, JD wouldn't help the dealer and dealer didn't want to fix it because of cost. After 3 weeks of haggling/headache, I ended up with a 2012 1023 with 76 hours. I'm just trying to make sure there aren't problems here too while the dealer still owes me, in my opinion, some leeway

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Also has a lot to with the weight on the back end...If I have my BH extended at all,front end gets much lighter. Do you have the same counterweight that your 2305 had? Might take a couple hundred more pounds.
That occurred to me too but I have no counterweight on mine and I can lift the front end easily.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts