Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to be my first mistake.
I was looking at the bucket on my new 1025r tractor and noticed it was permanently attached to the loader.
I thought the H120 loader came standard with a pin on bucket, but it looks like mine didn't.

I'm going to talk to the dealer this morning because this is not what I wanted and we will see what he can do to get it replaced.
I hope no one else has the same problem.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I was looking at the bucket on my new 1025r tractor and noticed it was permanently attached to the loader.
I thought the H120 loader came standard with a pin on bucket, but it looks like mine didn't.

I'm going to talk to the dealer this morning because this is not what I wanted and we will see what he can do to get it replaced.

Owners Manual Says? Photo's would help here.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

Yup, the H120 has two styles of bucket attachment. And you are not the first to get caught in this situation. I think what happens is the buyer goes in to the dealer on how to keep the price down and this option doesn't get discussed in the contract and the dealer orders the cheaper style. Hope it all works out for you, good luck.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yup, the H120 has two styles of bucket attachment. And you are not the first to get caught in this situation. I think what happens is the buyer goes in to the dealer on how to keep the price down and this option doesn't get discussed in the contract and the dealer orders the cheaper style. Hope it all works out for you, good luck.
Get your money back and start over. You never had a conversation about a set of forks???

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Randy is right, we've seen this happen a few times. It costs several hundred dollars for parts to convert a pin on to JDQA, not counting having to replace or modify the bucket.

·
Super Moderator
5,214 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I didn't seen any reference to a loader integrated bucket when I went through the JD on-line build tool. I just checked the quote for the 1025R I have on order and in the H120 loader section it lists the bucket as a separate line item and the description states it is the 53" Quick Change Bucket. So am I OK?

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Agreed!!! I know price is always a consideration, although, when buying a tractor, price is not everything!!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,867 Posts
Agreed!!! I know price is always a consideration, although, when buying a tractor, price is not everything!!
:thumbup1gif: And it's not likely most will buy another next year.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

I was one who got caught in this situation and it cost me several hundred dollars and quite a bit of labor to fix, just one of many problems I had caused by my dealer. Just in case your dealer is anything like mine I would advise you to check over everything else on your tractor very carefully, especially if you also got the auto-connect deck. Good luck with yours.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Get your money back and start over. You never had a conversation about a set of forks???

This is the first time I seen one like this. Thanks for the pic. I could never picture it in my head. Now I know. Don't think our dealer has any like this.

I didn't seen any reference to a loader integrated bucket when I went through the JD on-line build tool. I just checked the quote for the 1025R I have on order and in the H120 loader sectionit lists the bucket as a separate line item and the description states it is the 53" Quick Change Bucket. So am I OK?
That means you're good. The other way can't be a quick change.

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
79 Posts
1025 QA Bucket

I was one who got caught in this situation and it cost me several hundred dollars and quite a bit of labor to fix, just one of many problems I had caused by my dealer. Just in case your dealer is anything like mine I would advise you to check over everything else on your tractor very carefully, especially if you also got the auto-connect deck. Good luck with yours.
HOLLY COW! I learned something today! I 'assumed' all H120 loaders had QA buckets as 'standard' equipment, and if you didn't want that (or the QA loader) you would get the D120?? Lucky for me, I have the QA bucket and would never go without it! Bucket-to-forks in way less than 60 seconds - quicker if I can get my wife to pull the keepers!

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sounds like the dealer was not totally up front with you. My dealer did a demo on everything with the tractor before I made the purchase including taking the loader on and off, as well as taking the bucket off. Hope it works out for you because like others have already stated having the ability to utilize forks will prove to be an invaluable option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Thanks for all of the comments,
One of my main reason for posting my mistake is so that others are aware that there is a difference between a pin on bucket and a quick disconnect bucket.

I talked to my salesman today and he will swap out the loader for the price difference of H120 loader with the quick disconnect bucket.
The dealer will pick up the tractor and take it to the dealership to install a new loader with a new bucket. He is giving me a couple of days for me to make up my mind and I am leaning heavily towards paying for the difference in cost.

However there is this warranty thing that my salesman brought up.
The other thing he told me is that John Deere does not sell a set of pallet fork attachment for the 1025r and it might void my warranty by using a third party pallet fork attachment.

Has anyone else heard about voiding the warranty by using third party pallet fork attachment and what manufacture would you suggest for a pallet fork attachment.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
One of my main reason for posting my mistake is so that others are aware that there is a difference between a pin on bucket and a quick disconnect bucket.

I talked to my salesman today and he will swap out the loader for the price difference of H120 loader with the quick disconnect bucket.
The dealer will pick up the tractor and take it to the dealership to install a new loader with a new bucket. He is giving me a couple of days for me to make up my mind and I am leaning heavily towards paying for the difference in cost.

The other thing he told me is that John Deere does not sell a set of pallet fork attachment for the 1025r and it might void my warranty by using a third party pallet fork attachment.

Has anyone else heard about voiding the warranty by using third party pallet fork attachment and what manufacture would you suggest for a pallet fork attachment.
If you have the H120 loader they should not have to swap out the loader, just the bucket and brackets for it. Either type bucket will fit the loader, but the H120 should come with the QA bucket.

I bought my 1025r in 2014 and after all my problems I went online and checked on Deere's Build-Your-Own site and it showed that the H120 loader should come standard with the QA bucket. However, you could down-grade to the Pin-On bucket instead (which comes standard on the D120 loader) for a whopping savings of $47!

I've seen several mentions here that there is several hundred dollars difference in the buckets but that is not really the case if you get the right one to start with, only if you get a Pin-On bucket to start with and then replace it with a QA. IOW if you have to buy the QA brackets and bucket when you already have the Pin-On. If they had delivered the right bucket to start with the only difference in my case would have been $47, which I assume they pocketed because I didn't even get that.

Interestingly enough, judging by the cases I've seen reported here, this problem seems to occur mainly in the South, all the good dealers seem to be in the North.

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
Void the warranty using forks? Your salesperson is uninformed. There are companies like Artillian that make lightweight forks that are perfect for your loader, and even JD does-They are just to heavy to use effectively.

·
Registered
747 Posts

If you use a 3rd party implement on the 3point hitch are they going to void the warranty as well? Obviously if you buy a cheap attachment(of any kind) that doesn't fit your tractor properly and it somehow damages the tractor's mounting points then that is on you. Otherwise go nuts. Also I have JD fork set, Frontier brand, that would fit your tractor as well. It could be its not recommended by JD for that small tractor but your loader is the same that comes on the 2 series tractors. When I bought my 2720 it didn't come with a loader. I bought the frame mounts for the 2720 and then unmounted the loader from the 2305 I had and it mounted straight onto the 2720. Obviously the performance of the loader is tied to the tractor. The loader works WAY faster and lifts way more on the 2720.

If you get forks, you'll need proper ballast. Buy a ballast box.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Void the warranty using forks? Your salesperson is uninformed. There are companies like Artillian that make lightweight forks that are perfect for your loader, and even JD does-They are just to heavy to use effectively.
^^^^Agreed!!! If your dealer told you that, he is misinformed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts