Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it necessary to have the loader bucket in place to do this? Or, can it be done with pallet forks installed instead?

Since I normally have the forks installed, I'm just interested in saving myself having to switch the forks for the bucket whenever I remove the FEL.

I know the switch from one to the other takes just a couple of minutes, but I use the bucket so little that it usually is buried somewhere near the back of my storage shed. Getting to it can require moving several other implements.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Is it necessary to have the loader bucket in place to do this? Or, can it be done with pallet forks installed instead?

Since I normally have the forks installed, I'm just interested in saving myself having to switch the forks for the bucket whenever I remove the FEL.

I know the switch from one to the other takes just a couple of minutes, but I use the bucket so little that it usually is buried somewhere near the back of my storage shed. Getting to it can require moving several other implements.
I haven't tried it, but don't see why it wouldn't work. The contact surface of the forks is on the same plane as the bucket. Seems like it would work. How about you try it and report back :lol::lol:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't tried it, but don't see why it wouldn't work. The contact surface of the forks is on the same plane as the bucket. Seems like it would work. How about you try it and report back :lol::lol:
Because I don't want to get the FEL off, and discover that it can't be easily re-attached. I'd like to lnow if someone out there has any experience doing it. Isn't that an important purpose of these forums - to help keep the inexperienced guys safe and out of trouble?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Because I don't want to get the FEL off, and discover that it can't be easily re-attached. I'd like to lnow if someone out there has any experience doing it. Isn't that an important purpose of these forums - to help keep the inexperienced guys safe and out of trouble?
You clearly didn't realize it was a joke. I"ll keep the humor out of the forums :) Strictly business from now on :)

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
i take mine off with the forks all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts