Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I might have finally convinced the wife to the value of an FEL and started getting quotes. The local dealer I bought the tractor is over $350 more expensive before they deliver the tractor. They did include $300 for "dealer prep" which was not included by the second dealer. From the looks of the H120 it doesn't look particularly hard to install and by the time you factor in delivery you are looking at a price difference in excess of almost $500 and the wife no longer see's the value. Is there any reason not to install myself? Anything I should be on the lookout for? What are good prices?

H120 Loader, 53" bucket, ballast box came in at right around $3220+ tax

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I installed a H120 loader on a 1026R by myself. There was not alot involved in doing it. You will need a torque wrench that will torque the frame mounting bolts to over 200 foot pounds of torque. I do not remember the exact amount of torque. That was the hardest part of the install.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
If you're mechanically inclined it's not at all difficult to install a loader yourself. You may need a second person to help position some things, but I think one could put on an H120.

Dieselshadow and I installed the loader on his 2720 a couple of years ago, I can't find it now but there's a thread on GTT that follows the process. :good2:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
If you're mechanically inclined it's not at all difficult to install a loader yourself. You may need a second person to help position some things, but I think one could put on an H120.

Dieselshadow and I installed the loader on his 2720 a couple of years ago, I can't find it now but there's a thread on GTT that follows the process. :good2:
http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/medium-frame-compact-utility-tractors-mcut/5985-installing-200cx-loader-2720-a.html

·
Premium Member
9,839 Posts
Like others have said, it isn't hard to install and the instructions that came with my 210 loader for the 2210 were pretty easy to follow.

Another thing to remember is to have some extra hydro fluid on hand to top off the tractor once you will the loader hydraulics.

When we bought the 2305, "we" followed the thrifty route suggested by my wife....

After upgrading to our current tractor with a FEL, my wife has changed her opinion and even said every tractor should have a FEL. :yahoo:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I am going to place the order tomorrow morning :) :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Hopefully it will not take too long to come in. We are going to order fruit trees for the fall (scheduled to get here Nov 4) and that was the catalyst that convinced the wife to let me purchase. Hoping to plant about a dozen and need to cut out all of the lawn on the front of our property

I will keep everyone posted and cannot wait till it gets here and I can start tearing up ground.

I will need to order piranha toolbar bar, but sorry Ken, the bolt on hooks are not essential to this project and the wife put the veto somewhere. Maybe next year :)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Reactions: Zebrafive

·
Registered
202 Posts
I went through the same thing when I bought my tractor this year. Since they showed me a different tractor that had the quick attach bucket when I bought they have agreed to put the new one on on their dime. Getting it done today. The d120 bucket on the H120 FEL should not even be an option since the price difference is so small between the 2 buckets.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went through the same thing when I bought my tractor this year. Since they showed me a different tractor that had the quick attach bucket when I bought they have agreed to put the new one on on their dime. Getting it done today. The d120 bucket on the H120 FEL should not even be an option since the price difference is so small between the 2 buckets.
Ordered today, specified the 53" bucket which is only JDQA as I understand.

Cannot wait for it to arrive

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spoke to the dealer earlier in the weeks, looks like it is shipping around the 14th.

Now all I need to do is wait for it to get here and order the fruit trees and tooth bar.

Once it gets here I will try and do a write up like Jason and Blake did when I do the install. It does look fairly straightforward and saved me about $450 for the dealer prep fee and an extra delivery fee. If past experience is anything I am sure I will be scratching my head at some point during the install and posting back here.

Since the loader wiped out the toy budget for the next few years I think these will be my low cost pallet forks.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
So I am going to place the order tomorrow morning :) :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Hopefully it will not take too long to come in. We are going to order fruit trees for the fall (scheduled to get here Nov 4) and that was the catalyst that convinced the wife to let me purchase. Hoping to plant about a dozen and need to cut out all of the lawn on the front of our property

I will keep everyone posted and cannot wait till it gets here and I can start tearing up ground.

I will need to order piranha toolbar bar, but sorry Ken, the bolt on hooks are not essential to this project and the wife put the veto somewhere. Maybe next year :)
By the sound of that you're also going to need a back hoe. lol

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By the sound of that you're also going to need a back hoe. lol
Hopefully I will be okay. The backhoe would be nice but not justifiable...now if someone wants to drop one off to me :good2:

Its only 12 trees and they are fairly small so worst case its a bit of digging holes by hand. I really wanted the loader for removing the grass and brush as well as laying down mulch and filling raised garden beds with soil.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Hopefully I will be okay. The backhoe would be nice but not justifiable...now if someone wants to drop one off to me :good2:

Its only 12 trees and they are fairly small so worst case its a bit of digging holes by hand. I really wanted the loader for removing the grass and brush as well as laying down mulch and filling raised garden beds with soil.
Well of course she needs a loader more than a backhoe. That goes without saying
She's the one that wants to plant the trees. Why you could hurt your back digging holes by hand. Then where would she be? Waiting on you hand and foot.
Tell her to take it from me. I have a terrible back. LOL

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I'm somewhat surprised your dealer had to order a H120. I bought one myself about a month ago. I got prices from 3 local dealers and they all had at least one in stock. The large dealer I usually use was slow in getting back to me and would not sell a loader "in the crate". So I ended up buying a H120 from a small dealer . They had 3 that were still on pallets when I went to pick up the loader.

Assembling the loader was far easier than I was expecting. I was able to do it in a few hours by myself. The hardest part for me was getting off my truck . I had to walk the skid down my atv ramps to get it off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Spoke to the dealer earlier in the weeks, looks like it is shipping around the 14th.

Now all I need to do is wait for it to get here and order the fruit trees and tooth bar.

Once it gets here I will try and do a write up like Jason and Blake did when I do the install. It does look fairly straightforward and saved me about $450 for the dealer prep fee and an extra delivery fee. If past experience is anything I am sure I will be scratching my head at some point during the install and posting back here.

Since the loader wiped out the toy budget for the next few years I think these will be my low cost pallet forks.
Palletforks.com aka titan manufacturing sells bucket clamp pallet forks for around 140 shipped to your door. Incase that's an option for u. That's where I got mine and they work fine for light duty stuff. If I need to pick anything heavy I put my pallet fork bucket on.

·
Premium Member
9,839 Posts

Well of course she needs a loader more than a backhoe. That goes without saying
She's the one that wants to plant the trees. Why you could hurt your back digging holes by hand. Then where would she be? Waiting on you hand and foot.
Tell her to take it from me. I have a terrible back. LOL
You could always let her dig the holes. It does work.

When we put up our fence my wife veto'd the fence post hammer because "it wasn't in the budget". I started laying out the posts and just barely putting them in the ground. When she asked why I wasn't putting them all the way down, I told her it was her job. After trying to pound one post in she decided the budget could stand another $40.

A lesser expensive alternate would be a post hole digger. Maybe could even rent one.

Congratulations on the loader! Maybe the GTT Secret Santa will bring you some KBOGH's :dunno:

Reactions: BetterThanATonka

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
You could always let her dig the holes. It does work.

When we put up our fence my wife veto'd the fence post hammer because "it wasn't in the budget". I started laying out the posts and just barely putting them in the ground. When she asked why I wasn't putting them all the way down, I told her it was her job. After trying to pound one post in she decided the budget could stand another $40.

A lesser expensive alternate would be a post hole digger. Maybe could even rent one.

Congratulations on the loader! Maybe the GTT Secret Santa will bring you some KBOGH's :dunno:
Funny how things work out like that. lol

I had an old Weed Eater curved shaft 2 stroke trimmer years ago. It would give you a stroke just trying to start it. The thing only had 1 .080 string but was heavy as hell. Asked the now ex about an upgrade but it was not in the budget. She only used it once before giving me the okay for a new one. She even said " how the heck can you use that thing with your bad back?"

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so far the assembly has been fairly straight forward

Tip 1 take the mower deck off first

The right sided (if sitting on the tractor) mast and mounting frame went on without much of a hitch

The left side has proven to be a bit more tricky. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the upper right bolt though the tractor frame. There is so much stuff in the way it has proven difficult. :banghead::banghead:

I have gone through the instructions and have not been able to find any reference to the part labeled cast carrier, what is it and where does it go?

Judging by the instructions once I get that last bolt in all I need to do is connect the hydraulics and I am in the home stretch.

My back is too sore to fight any more with that bolt. Until tomorrow..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts