Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the pin that secures the bucket to the bottom of the loader frame, AW30903. Just the ring has vanished, probably during some brush knock down. Can buy new pin assembly, but has anyone just replaced the ring? Should be a lot simpler/faster than reattaching a new one's wire to the bucket, but don't know where to acquire proper size ring.

·
Premium Member
12,776 Posts
That retainer is basically just a standard lynch pin. You can get a new one at Tractor Supply, Home Depot and even some hardware stores. I've never tried removing the ring from a lynch pin but I assume it is just a matter of pulling it out of the hole (especially since yours obviously fell off).

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I am not surprised that the ring might have been knocked off by some brush . I just had to replace one of the bucket cylinders hydraulic lines because somehow a limb got between the arms and bent the fitting where it attached to the cylinder . :banghead:
I would just replace the retainer ass'y . Just my .02 .:usa

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
just get a new one. don't bother trying to put a new ring on, it simply is impossible, unless you have superhuman powers.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Reactions: TickTock

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to TSC to look at lynch pins as well as some other stuff. Got too involved with the "other stuff" and forgot to look at the lynch pins. :banghead: At least I know what they're called now.

When I had looked at the bucket frame to see how the retainer wire was attached, I didn't realize it was a simple cotter pin - thought it was more exotic. So just added the quick lock pin to my 50 hr maint stuff order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts