Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to drive over and auto connect the mower deck today to do a fall clean-up run on the yard and I could latch into the deck, but the auto connect PTO wasn't engaging. I knew something was up when I tried to 1) set the cutting height and the knob wouldn't turn all the way to the right height and 2) when I tried to engage the PTO and grinding sound and no spindles spinning. YIKES!!:gaah::gaah: The machine is only 4 months old. I looked underneath the machine and the tractor side of the PTO was angled up and not lining up with the deck as I drove over to connect. I finally figured out the the sliding PTO shaft running to the head must of had some frozen water or debris within the sliding shaft that had it hung up and not let it drop horizontal. I disconnected the pins on the side and let it go loose so I could work the shaft and I pumped some lube in the grease fitting.. Hooked it all back up and tried to rollover the deck and engage and all worked fine. So just a heads up in these cold times, check that the PTO head is rotating down when you go to auto connect.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
New Jersey...? Mowing....? After yesterday? I can't see my front lawn for 6" of snow and pine boughs all over.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was on the unfortunate side of the rain/ snow line. I have a green lawn, though the storm and heavy rains knocked most of the oak leaves out. A little more and I can put the mower deck and trac vac trailer away till spring.

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts
If I had a green lawn right now, I would call that the fortunate side of the weather, just sayin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts