Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have had a 4066R on order for about 2 months, and it was finally delivered today...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

I have decided to install all of the field kits myself, so I have 3 crates of stuff to install (4th & 5th, power beyond, 6-way diverter, 3rd function, Bluetooth plug, fenders, HD draft links, top-n-tilt, mirrors, wheel weights, & 5.5" spacers) -- I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

Here it is with the rest of the "fleet"...

Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Vehicle

Left to right 1980 4440, 1952 A, 1957 520 & 2021 4066R.

The only problem is that my 12 year son has taken ownership of it & he may not let me use it.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Very Nice fleet.

Pic of the pile of kits..

Thats a big bunch of options your adding

whats the 6 way diverter... for some blade thing...I've not read about thjis one yet

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very Nice fleet.

Pic of the pile of kits..

Thats a big bunch of options your adding

whats the 6 way diverter... for some blade thing...I've not read about thjis one yet
The six-way takes the 3 connections of the loader & at the flip of a switch moves them to the rear so that you can use your loader joystick to interact with connections in the rear.

Most of the time, I will have my top-n-tilt hooked to them, but I have an offset flail mower on order that I will have connected to them when using it so that I can work the banks without using my 4 & 5th levers.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
That will be quite handy..did not know the existed.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Very nice new addition !!!!

Love your Fleet.

I would love to have a nice old 4440 Like that. Very sharp !

I am getting ready to add some wheel weights to mine.
How many wheel weights are you adding?
I was talking to my dealer yesterday, the service manager thought we could make 1 inside and 2 outside work.
‘That would give me an extra 660 lbs of rear ballast.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice new addition !!!!

Love your Fleet.

I would love to have a nice old 4440 Like that. Very sharp !

I am getting ready to add some wheel weights to mine.
How many wheel weights are you adding?
I was talking to my dealer yesterday, the service manager thought we could make 1 inside and 2 outside work.
‘That would give me an extra 660 lbs of rear ballast.
I have water & antifreeze in them now. I got 4 weights to do 2 on each side. I think that you can run 3 sets, but it slightly sticks out the side & with the 5.5 spacers, I just did don't want to be any wider.

I carried around bale today with only the fluid & it was OK, but needs more ballast, so I am hoping that the 4 weights are enough. If not, then I am thinking of trying the 2 outside & 1 inside too.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Tractor

Horse Working animal Tree Liver Fence

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
your hay burner don't like the new addition....

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Congrats! Nice looking machine & sounds like a great setup. Love the 4440! Looks in great shape.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
I think that’s the first 2021 I have seen. I think I am seeing some minor changes or differences in it from my 2019.
They changed the wheels a little, they have stem guards on them now.
Looks like the grill guard might be a little different too.

Yea, my rear tires are loaded as well i think it’s called bio ballast, its a different brand but same basic thing as rim guard.
I would like to try and get enough permanent rear ballast that I don’t have to constantly feel the need to go put on a heavy hitch or some sort of added ballast to move heavy pallets around.

I have the 3rd, 4th, and 5th SCVs.
Thats the first I have heard of a 6 way diverter.
I would love see that once you get it installed, sounds very interesting.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
JW, I'm afraid it's all over for you and the new 4066R. I can see the smile on your son's face as he's moving that round bale and that's the kind of smile that says "I'll get out of this tractor when you pry this steering wheel out of my hands, did I mention that I MIGHT, let you drive it some day Dad"
LOLOLOL, seriously though, she's a beauty as well as the rest of your "fleet". Great pictures and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
so the dealer completely messed up the hydraulic parts. They thought that the 6-way took place of the 4th & 5th. They said that they were waiting on the switch for the 3rd, but it was the entire kit.

I’ve only been able to install them mirrors & he drafylinks today. About to do the Bluetooth.
They have all of the other stuff on order now.
I’m so glad that I did not have them install all of this as It is obvious that they have not done all of this before.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
This new 6 way thing will be better than Forks or sliced Bread when the werd gets out.

I wanna see this in action/videO with your Son doing the dirty work.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.