Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sky was just to nice.

View attachment IMG_3389.JPG

This field was overgrazed about 4-5 years ago and this sparse yield is what I got out of it. This is about 13 acres and I think I got 50 small squares.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Looks like a calendar shot, Zach - good job!

I'm hearing hay yield is down all over this area and prices are rising.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Regrowth is lookin' real good!

The sky was just to nice.

View attachment 418194

This field was overgrazed about 4-5 years ago and this sparse yield is what I got out of it. This is about 13 acres and I think I got 50 small squares.
I know you baled this in July (beautiful real estate). But, I was wondering if that solid looking re growth has carried into the fall?

Looks like a field with great potential. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
13,960 Posts
:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you baled this in July (beautiful real estate). But, I was wondering if that solid looking re growth has carried into the fall?

Looks like a field with great potential. :thumbup1gif:
It has come back thicker, but not enough for a 2nd cut. My plans for this field in the spring are to seed/overseed with alfalfa. Possibly the one next to it also. About 30 acres if it works.

·
Registered
359 Posts
It has come back thicker, but not enough for a 2nd cut. My plans for this field in the spring are to seed/overseed with alfalfa. Possibly the one next to it also. About 30 acres if it works.
What type of grass do you currently have planted? From your pic, it appears that you're in a wetter part of Colo.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What type of grass do you currently have planted? From your pic, it appears that you're in a wetter part of Colo.
We had a good amount of spring rain this year. There is brome & some sort of flat blade grass(not a tall grower). I’ve done nothing to this field since my inlaws bought it. Actually had to leave it alone for about 2 years as the previous owner over grazed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beautiful:usa
I forgot to mention, my daughter is going use this picture for a future painting.

·
Registered
11,675 Posts
We had a good amount of spring rain this year. There is brome & some sort of flat blade grass(not a tall grower). I’ve done nothing to this field since my inlaws bought it. Actually had to leave it alone for about 2 years as the previous owner over grazed it.

:dunno:did u ever test ur soil to see what it might need to make ur crop grow better?

i like ur pic too-really nice sky.:good2:

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:dunno:did u ever test ur soil to see what it might need to make ur crop grow better?

i like ur pic too-really nice sky.:good2:
Not yet, on my list but not near the top yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts