Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I've got nothing, but yours is looking very cool!

My wife puts up fall decorations in front of the house; pumpkins, corn stalks and that sort of stuff, but her Halloween decorations have declined significantly since the kids grew up. We used to have a pretty decent setup when they were young, and we'd have 50 trick-or-treaters stop at the door. Last year we had none, as in zero. I suppose our neighborhood got old.

I look forward to seeing what else you have in store.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I don't decorate for Halloween, as I am too rural for Trick or Treaters. But, I usually dress up for the occasion. It has always been my favorite holiday! After all, what is better than being totally crazy and eating chocolate?? And the candy specials the day after Halloween, can be awesome. Used to enjoy shopping those. Now, I avoid the stores the week after Halloween, so as to avoid so much temptation!

I LOVE your decorations!! Add more pics here as they go up. I'm still a kid at heart, I guess, and really like that stuff!

·
Registered
11,895 Posts
I don't decorate for Halloween, as I am too rural for Trick or Treaters. But, I usually dress up for the occasion. It has always been my favorite holiday! After all, what is better than being totally crazy and eating chocolate?? And the candy specials the day after Halloween, can be awesome. Used to enjoy shopping those. Now, I avoid the stores the week after Halloween, so as to avoid so much temptation!

I LOVE your decorations!! Add more pics here as they go up. I'm still a kid at heart, I guess, and really like that stuff!
At your age (28-29), you are a kid to most of us.:laugh:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Like said.... Being so far out in the sticks now, I don't get any trick or treat company at this holiday....

Many years ago, when my kids were about 3 and 4..... In the early fall we moved into this older ranch home in a nice older burb... It had a detached 2 car garage that sat off to the side of the house and behind.... The driveway was a little long and lined with 5-6 big old kinda overhanging trees... The best part was it had an older fiberglass 16' garage door....

I hung an old pair of coveralls on a hanger on the inside of the door, pinned a pair of gloves on the arms, and hung a cardboard punkin head on the end of one sleeve.... Then back lit it with a shop light....

That first Halloween night at that house was pitch black dark..... And out of 60 - 70 that came to the door, 90% of the kids and moms screamed out a lung when they saw that in the garage door.... I did this for a couple more years, until the garage door needed replacing.... And was told there were more than a few cases of wet under ware because of that.... Including moms as well as kids....

I can't help but laugh to myself about that every year at this time...
Enjoy

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
I told my wife she could stand in the front yard on Halloween.....................once.:lol:
and she let you live?! :laugh::nunu::lol: Where is the movie of you telling her that? Oh wait... you're still wearing it as a hat. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
When I was just out of high school I was still living at home with my mom. Her porch was a small alcove shape and had a child sized park bench that sat at the back that was there all year round.

One year I put out a stuffed goblin in a cloak and skull sock mask about 2 weeks before Halloween. On the night of trick or treating I dressed up in the mask and cloak and sat on the bench. To add to the mood I hung a brown tarp across the opening and placed a slit up the middle for people to enter through. I also added a black light and red flood light and fogged it with a heavy duty fog machine. While sitting on the bench I held a bowl of candy in my lap and was able to run the fog machine with the controller between my knees. When I heard people coming up the street I would fire up the fog and get ready.

There were time I would have to break character I order to give out candy to smaller kids and my 40 something neighbor from across the street. It was a lot of fun.

I however really got a kick out of it when I got a group of teenagers that were probably to old for trick or treating. I heard them making drug references when one of the commented it looked a clam bake season. Once they entered the porch they debated whether I was a real person or not. The one kept hitting me in the leg with his bag of candy. I just sat still. Finally one made the call to snatch the big bowl and run. It was when unsuspecting girl that made the attempt that I finally moved. I reached up with my skeleton gloved hand and grabbed her wrist, she let out the most blood curdling scream and tried to takeoff with the rest of her friend but I just held on. I probably held on for about 30 seconds. Not to long but it was enough time for her friends to make to the other end of the block. Whey never came back after that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,435 Posts
Yep, we were all prepared with Halloween candy, as of a few minutes ago it's all gone. For the record Babycakes opened the bags.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the walkway to the front door

20141026_164953.jpg

Here's the grave yard

20141026_165010.jpg

This is the last guy that used the LT1000 :laugh:

20141026_165025.jpg

It isn't a whole lot, but the way that it lights up my grandson's eyes is all that matters. He can't wait to go "wake up the skeleton" every morning (plug it in). :)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,435 Posts
Very cool.
The tractor is SCARY.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts