Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've heard of others doing this, but never thought it would happen to me. I was preparing for a new gravel lane today. I was using my rake and was not paying attention. All of sudden BOOM. I hit my barn door with the loader. Nothing too bad, but ticked me off that I did it.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
FEL out front, box scraper out the back. And if that's not enough, ROPS on the height side. . . . And then there's always taking your foot off the brake on an incline and not being in gear . . . ahh, off she goes! :banghead:
Not enough yet, lift up a little in the seat, :laugh: the engine dies! Oh, exit right and hit the joy stick or left and move it into gear. :mocking:

:gaah: Lots to learn, remember, and once in awhile it gets pounded into your head. :bash:

We've all starter in the same place and we've all done many, if not all, of these. Relax, be safe, and enjoy. :kidw_truck_smiley:

Oh, there's probably more that I just haven't done yet. :unknown:

·
Premium Member
14,730 Posts
Nope haven't done that ,,not one time ,, only twice so far. :laugh:

Plus while lowering the fel inside the garage hit 2 of the 5 drawers of the lower toolchest. Still haven't gotten those two drawers bent back to correct shape. :dunno::flag_of_truce::banghead:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I became somewhat of an expert at repairing garage door track. (especially since I threw out some perfectly good track the year before I bought my tractor).:banghead:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well I've heard of others doing this, but never thought it would happen to me. I was preparing for a new gravel lane today. I was using my rake and was not paying attention. All of sudden BOOM. I hit my barn door with the loader. Nothing too bad, but ticked me off that I did it.
Yup-our property is undeveloped so no buildings-but bought a couple of storage containers to store the equipment in. All I'm going to say is that I now know that a 3038e can move a 20' storage container when the bucket clips the inside lip of the door. Good information to know!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Interesting this topic should come up.....why just the other day putting tractor away one of the sliding doors jumped out in front of bucket while operator was focused somewhere else...luckily just had to rebend roller for door, and noone saw it so.......

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Did that to a tree once. And, almost hit a 2 cubic yard dumpster-- when I was backing up, and not looking forward:banghead::hide::flag_of_truce:

Jh123

:greentractorride::usa

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,468 Posts
Interesting this topic should come up.....why just the other day putting tractor away one of the sliding doors jumped out in front of bucket while operator was focused somewhere else...luckily just had to rebend roller for door, and noone saw it so.......
:lol:I always figured it all too weird, the doors can sit there for years and not move. Drive a tractor by them and BAM, it jumps right out in front of ya.:mocking:

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
Luckily I have the Artillian blade wings on my plow because I whacked the trim on the side of the garage door a couple of times this winter. It left a couple of big black smudges but no damage.

I'm hoping I can was those off when it warms up. If not, a quart of paint is pretty cheap, right? :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,468 Posts
Luckily I have the Artillian blade wings on my plow because I whacked the trim on the side of the garage door a couple of times this winter. It left a couple of big black smudges but no damage.

I'm hoping I can was those off when it warms up. If not, a quart of paint is pretty cheap, right? :laugh:
You do realize,,,,,That's Cheating!:lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
You do realize,,,,,That's Cheating!:lol:
I could pull the trim boards down and run them through the surface planer and start all over again from scratch. :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,468 Posts
I could pull the trim boards down and run them through the surface planer and start all over again from scratch. :laugh:
A true Team Player. :thumbup1gif: :lol:

·
Registered
22,728 Posts
Been there / done that. When you are concentrating on your rear implement it's easy to forget the swing area needed for the loader hanging out front.

That's one reason I have the extended weight bracket and suitcase weights for when I am brush hogging in the woods. Nice that it gives the extra clearance when navigating between lots of trees.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Look on the bright side of all this, the silver lining so to speak. Without pics it didn't happen! :lolol:

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
When snow clearing a few weeks ago, I backed into the wife's SUV and put a slit into the bumper with the top of 3pt. back blade. I was watching the right and forget about the left.
I waited until I got done pushing snow and told her later that afternoon.

She smiled.........

NOW SHE WANTS A NEW SUV.

·
Administrator
20,692 Posts
When snow clearing a few weeks ago, I backed into the wife's SUV and put a slit into the bumper with the top of 3pt. back blade. I was watching the right and forget about the left.
I waited until I got done pushing snow and told her later that afternoon.

She smiled.........

NOW SHE WANTS A NEW SUV.
Tell her it scratched the tractor, now you need a new one.:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts