Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is over, First Day of Spring is here.

Trees are starting to bud, grass is starting to wake up. Weeds are already growing...

Going to be in the high 60's, low 70's today and tomorrow....so I decided to enjoy the beginning of mowing season...and take the rest of the week off...:good2:

Got a couple projects that will give me a good excuse to play with my toy.:yahoo:

I know some of you are still covered in the white stuff you've been bragging about pushing around, blowing, and seeing how high you can pile it....(while some of us had to sit and watch it rain)

So still wearing that heavy jacket? I was trying to decide long sleave or short sleave T shirt...:tongue:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Same to you rtgt,
Nice here today also, going shooting.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
HURRAH!!!! :yahoo:

I heard the first Sand Hill Cranes last night.
I saw my first Robin this morning.

Sure signs Spring is here! :drinks:

:greentractorride:

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
:thumbup1gif: Changed the house flags from my winter ones to spring flags....it can't warm up fast enough for me....but still a chance of snow next week....guess i better start to think positive...want to go fishing soon.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Just mowed the grass again for the third time.

Woke up early this morning and had fishing on my mind. Used to belong to a fishing club and sure miss it a lot. The thrill of casting a lure out onto the sparkly water of a lake and seeing a nice sized bass hit it. You give the rod a sharp yank to set the hook and then the fight begins.
Hope to catch some crappie soon while they are moving into the shallow waters.

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
Winter is over, First Day of Spring is here.

Trees are starting to bud, grass is starting to wake up. Weeds are already growing...

Going to be in the high 60's, low 70's today and tomorrow....so I decided to enjoy the beginning of mowing season...and take the rest of the week off...:good2:

Got a couple projects that will give me a good excuse to play with my toy.:yahoo:

I know some of you are still covered in the white stuff you've been bragging about pushing around, blowing, and seeing how high you can pile it....(while some of us had to sit and watch it rain)

So still wearing that heavy jacket? I was trying to decide long sleave or short sleave T shirt...:tongue:

YES, DAMN IT. Carhartt winter

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Did someone say spring? Good ole Mother Nature decided to give us 6" of heavy wet snow today. :banghead: Better then 20 below I guess.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
We saw our first robin of the season a couple of days ago. He/she looked confused as we still have about 50% of our yard still covered with snow. It is getting warmer, but to get a better taste of spring, wife and I are spending a long weekend in sunny Florida. We're going for our grandson's first birthday!! Temps expected in the mid 80's.

Maybe we'll try to bring some of that warm weather back to the northeast with us.

Keep your spirits up, spring has to be right around the corner :laugh:

·
Administrator
20,665 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,702 Posts
We saw our first robin of the season a couple of days ago. He/she looked confused as we still have about 50% of our yard still covered with snow. It is getting warmer, but to get a better taste of spring, wife and I are spending a long weekend in sunny Florida. We're going for our grandson's first birthday!! Temps expected in the mid 80's.

Maybe we'll try to bring some of that warm weather back to the northeast with us.

Keep your spirits up, spring has to be right around the corner :laugh:

Sounds like a Happy Weekend with the Grandson. Congrats

I feel spring is right around the corner also..only one trouble, someone keeps moving the CORNER..
Yesterday , near 60 ,today mid to low 40's , next two days in the 50's , most of next week in the 30's
HELP!!!!
Oh and had snow Sunday night Monday morning for about the 10 or 15th time for the winter. Now with spring here calling for snow again Sunday Night ,Monday morning.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Yeah, Spring greeted us with 3" of white stuff. Lovely out this aft though. It wont be long.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
We are getting some nice spring weather today through Saturday, but early next week several inches of snow are forecast again for Piedmont NC. Was planning to plant some grass seed on Saturday so hopefully there won't be any more "winter events" after this upcoming snow.

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't think they allowed that there anymore. :mocking:
He meant he was going to shoot the bull, at the local Mayor approved, non-transfat, were really not trying to imitate California, make believe social gathering point....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Still watching snow banks melt here, had snow flurries this morning. We had robins all winter here in SE lower MI., first time I can remember them not migrating south, surprising being we had such a harsh winter.
Happy Spring to all!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
He meant he was going to shoot the bull, at the local Mayor approved, non-transfat, were really not trying to imitate California, make believe social gathering point....
Thanks rtgt.............:lol:

·
Premium Member
14,702 Posts
Suppose to be high of 53 at present time ground is WHITE AND BIG white things falling from sky...Guess the weather dept missed the dart board again..

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Really nice here yesterday & today, 65* w/light wind! :thumbup1gif: Going downhill starting tonight, 42* tomorrow, then 35* for a high for the next week. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I heard the groundhog saw his shadow ----- again!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: ~~ Lowell

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Really nice here yesterday & today, 65* w/light wind! :thumbup1gif: Going downhill starting tonight, 42* tomorrow, then 35* for a high for the next week. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I heard the groundhog saw his shadow ----- again!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: ~~ Lowell
My Beagles and I have been looking for some good hunting! We will go hunt the groundhog, and I'll make groundhog stew for them! 81* here now, but a cold front coming thru tomorrow morning. While it isn't supposed to get below freezing, I am sick of temps below 60*!!!! Lows in the upper 30s and highs in the 50s stinks, in my book!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts