Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a lot of people post a picture when they get a new tractor, so figured I would join the club and post some up

New 3039R, I ordered it with the 320R loader and 385A backhoe. Tractor has one rear SVC and a SVC on the loader for a future grapple. Other details include 61"HD loader bucket, 18"HD backhoe bucket, aftermarket canopy, LED work lights and guards. Tires are the larger R4s. I have a few more extras coming like toothbar, seatcover and some other little things.
I originally started looking for a new tractor to run a rotary cutter out on my property trails. My older JD 750 is 2WD and I wont even try to take it back in some areas so MFWD was a must on a new tractor. My other tractor is a 2350 and it is way too big to cut trails with. I did look at an orange tractor but my other equipment is green and I am a JD fan so that part of the decision was easy. After driving a few different models, researching options and power, I decided on a 3R. With the 3R hydraulic power I went ahead and added the backhoe, my property has several creeks and ditches so I have a lot trail and driveway pipes I want to put in. Now I have the equipment and materials for a lot of projects, I am looking forward to getting started. I think my summer is booked up!

I will have a ton of questions... but the first one is; how do you get the crappy paper stickers off of it? they are everywhere!
Plan to try WS40, lighter fluid and other high flash point stuff.

still on the trailer when I got it home Thursday

and in the back yard

got to work the loader a little this evening, pipe is heavy wall waterline pipe, the two pieces together weigh over 1000lbs. Tractor is a little beast!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Congrats....great looking tractor

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Nice. 👍Congrats and enjoy

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
Sort of jealous here. Congratulations ridesdirt.

·
Premium Member
9,090 Posts
Very nice.

You have excellent taste.

how do you get the crappy paper stickers off of it?
For the ones on the backhoe bucket - I used dirt.

I didn't see a rotary cutter in the list. Do you already have one you plan to use or will it be another purchase?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's always a great day when a new machine arrives! And nice to see pictures. Congratulations from a fellow 3039R owner!

I will have a ton of questions... but the first one is; how do you get the crappy paper stickers off of it? they are everywhere!
Plan to try WS40, lighter fluid and other high flash point stuff.
I used Goof Off to remove the parts of mine that were left after peeling off as much as I could. That stuff seems like magic.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Awesome looking machine. I like the canopy.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just left the stickers on mine. Of course mine were on the base of the backhoe and bucket. Looks like they put yours up on the boom for some reason. My loader was factory installed so there were no stickers on mine.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. It is eye candy to me for sure. Project list keeps getting longer

Agreed 100%, stickers on the bucket are coming off with dirt this weekend if the weather will cooperate! and will try to Goof Off on the others, it seems I have stickers all over mine.

I do have a 6' king Cutter to put behind the 3039R and should be a good fit, its a light weight cutter and will hang outside the rear wheels which is nice for cutting trails.
Canopy is an aftermarket unit, not sure of the brand but it is steel, I was afraid of tearing up the JD fiberglass unit in the woods...

Be sure to remember our great military fallen heros this weekend!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Very nice machine.

when you get tired of goofin off with them stickers, look no further than 3M adhesive remover. One of the most used products in my shop.
Comes in a small metal can like paint thinner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts