Green Tractor Talk banner

Happy Owner of New 3046R

3K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  Tim Benner 
#1 ·
I'm loving this machine (3046R)!! I haven't mowed grass since I was 15 (now 63). But when I saw this tractor, with the air conditioned cabin, I said to myself "I want to mow grass!".

We're in the process of moving from the Beach to the St. Johns River, near St. Augustine, Florida, with acreage for my daughters horse habit, so had some level of need for this type of equipment. Once I got started picking attachments, I couldn't stop. Finish mower, Heavy Duty Bush Hog mower, backhoe, front end loader, with grapple attachment, box blade and fork lift. Amazed at how easy it is to switch attachments, except the backhoe, which requires some thinking, but is still a one man job.

Need advise on how to improve density of Bahia pasture grass and maintain same for horses. Do we need a conservation seeding machine? I've read that most of the seed is wasted with a broadcast spreader. Need horse pasture advise.

#2 ·
Welcome from Illinois the 3046 is a very nice machine and a strong workhorse. Enjoy it and be safe. Look forward to your input.

#3 ·
I see you got the green fever.:laugh:

Welcome from WNY.:good2:

#4 ·
Welcome to GTT and congrats on the 3046R!

I can't help with the grass questions, but many here can. We have several other thread under landscaping and such that will get that subject more attention.

It sounds like you got a nice start with implements. Not to worry, we can help you find other accessories that you didn't know you couldn't live without.

Did you get the 375A backhoe? That sold me on the 3 series and I ended up with a 3039R...

BTW, we like pictures. Some of the guys buried in snow will really enjoy seeing what grass you have. :laugh:

#6 ·
:congrats::greentractorride::good2:

:gtfam:

#7 ·
#9 ·
Congratulations and rent/not buiy

Unless you are going to be planting the grass frequently, I would consider renting the no till drill. Some of the local Soil and Water Conservation Districts rent them out as do some equipment dealers. You pay by the acre planted instead of a big up front cost.

It's your :gizmo: but I would consider putting the dollars to work on other implements unless this is going to be a frequent issue. Normally a good stand of grass will last for a few years unless it's over grazed or burnt out by drought.

Treefarmer

Reactions: Levi
#10 ·
:congrats::wgtt:. Sounds like you’ll enjoy it:thumbup1gif:

#11 ·
:wgtt:

#12 ·
:gtfam:

#13 ·

Congrats on your new :greentractorride:

#17 ·

Congrats on the :greentractorride:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.