301 - 312 of 312 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
HF as a nice Cyber Monday sale...The favorite led magnetic work light is on sale for 18.99...I ordered 4 for stocking stuffers.:gizmo:

Went with the $6.99 bulk shipping, cause its easier than going to the store...

https://www.harborfreight.com/390-Lumen-Magnetic-Slim-Bar-Folding-LED-Work-Light-63958.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMzIwNTI1MzMiLCJza3UiOiI2Mzk1OCIsImlzIjoiMTguOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiMTIzNDQifQ%3D%3D%0D%0A
I love that light - have been using it in the barn/shop for a year now.

——————-

Speaking of lights - I needed a light in our bedroom closet. This house was built before there was electricity so things like this are common. I picked up an under cabinet light which I thought would work great -

https://www.harborfreight.com/led-under-cabinet-light-62893.html

4D8BD45F-45C7-4132-8FF2-49AA3F03C73B.jpeg

I HATE it! Luckily I checked it out before I mounted it. When you first turn it on it’s on high. Then the next button press is low - not off. Ehh - guess I can live with that. But you hit the button again and it flashes. Huh...? Why in the world would you want an under cabinet light to flash?

I tossed it in a box in the attic.

Then I thought I would try one of these that looks like a light switch. Got it on sale for $2.50 I think.

https://www.harborfreight.com/200-lumen-led-super-bright-flip-light-63922.html

241F7618-BD23-4B50-8650-AF2D2628340A.jpeg

This thing is awesome! Switch is on and off - none of that flashing garbage. And it’s at least twice as bright as that other one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was at camp (no cell service) and missed out on the lights on sale. I would have picked up one or two at that price.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
HF sent out their holiday sale ad, the 72" tool box has a super coupon for $999, any color. Normally the lowest these go is $1200. This is the lowest I've seen in the last 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,234 Posts
I HATE it! Luckily I checked it out before I mounted it. When you first turn it on it’s on high. Then the next button press is low - not off. Ehh - guess I can live with that. But you hit the button again and it flashes. Huh...? Why in the world would you want an under cabinet light to flash?
I tossed it in a box in the attic.
That crap DRIVES ME NUTS. :banghead:
It's getting harder and harder to buy a flashlight with just a simple On/Off.

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
That crap DRIVES ME NUTS. :banghead:
It's getting harder and harder to buy a flashlight with just a simple On/Off.
Ditto. And it always seems to be the complicated multi-mode control circuitry that goes bad. Why can't we have a high quality LED flashlight without auto-dim, strobe, S-O-S and Nightlight modes? We only need two modes... ON and OFF.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,234 Posts
Ditto. And it always seems to be the complicated multi-mode control circuitry that goes bad. Why can't we have a high quality LED flashlight without auto-dim, strobe, S-O-S and Nightlight modes? We only need two modes... ON and OFF.
AND, I don't know a soul the uses the low power mode. :banghead:

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
https://www.harborfreight.com/390-lumen-magnetic-slim-bar-folding-led-work-light-63958.html

50C05F59-E519-47C0-91A0-C14A146329B4.jpeg

I’ve had this as my main work like in the barn for about a year. They go on sale or have coupons often.

This light is fantastic! When you turn it on and leave it on for 5 seconds or more, when you hit the button it turns off - period. It does have a low power mode and a little light in the end. As soon as you turn it on (it goes on high first) you hit the button right away and it’s on low - hit the button a 3rd time right away and the little one in the end lights while the main light turns off.

I have a LuxPro flashlight I bought at Lowe’s last year on sale - it acts the same way. It does not have a strobe.

From now on I try the lights first - usually you can turn them on in the package.

·
Super Moderator
5,397 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
AND, I don't know a soul the uses the low power mode. :banghead:
Hahaha. No chit!

Can’t see nothin, hand me that flashlight but don’t turn it on all the way. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Try a couple of the small Streamlights Giz. ON or OFF and good quality for the money.
They make all flavors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pittsburgh Automotive 2 ton Capacity Foldable Shop Crane

I bought Pittsburgh Automotive 2 ton Capacity Foldable Shop Crane over the weekend with 20% off plus $5 off. So the total is $187.99 plus tax. I missed Black Friday which sold for $179.99.

I took me about 30-45 minutes to assemble it.

It works great to unload my John Deere 665 Rotary Tiller and Wiedenmann Whisper Twister blower off the truck.

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

301 - 312 of 312 Posts