Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you know that I have been having sluggish HST problems on my 2007 4520 CUT.
The tractor had the PTO clutch gone out on it when I bought it so I had new PTO clutch installed. I changed the fluid at 50 hours because more of the clutch particles were still in the machine and clogged the screen up. I changed the large filter, cleaned the screen and replaced the small inline filter which was damaged. I washed the radiator, hydraulic oil cooler and ac condenser as well.

The small inline filter does something to surcharge the HST is what I understand. Today while using the rotary cutter on some semi steep terrain, I noticed that if I turned all the way left it right, the forward motion would abruptly stop. When I turned the steering back away from hard left or right, the motion would start back.

I worked the tractor for a hard 4 hours and it is better as for as being able to pull itself out of a ditch but it was still very weak. I could only cut in “A” range. On straight rolling hills I could set the cruise at about 3.0 MPH and it would fluctuate down to about 1.5 MPH when I came to a hill.

Anyone have any thoughts on why my HST seems to be sluggish, still? It’s better but still sluggish.

Reactions: theduke

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Reactions: theduke
1 - 2 of 2 Posts