Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOOD AFTERNOON has anyone used a Harley rake on a 1026r I have not seen any posts on it so I'm afraid its to small
but you never know.
thank you in advance.
:usa
happy memorial day

·
Registered
14 Posts
GOOD AFTERNOON has anyone used a Harley rake on a 1026r I have not seen any posts on it so I'm afraid its to small
but you never know.
thank you in advance.
:usa
happy memorial day
I used a TM-4 48" on a 1026R for several years and it performed in an excellent fashion. The 48" width is a good fit for the 1026R, as this width and the 1026R track are a perfect match. I probably used that combination for 150 hours with no problems. I also used an old T3 60" Harley Rake on the same tractor and had no problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow

I used a TM-4 48" on a 1026R for several years and it performed in an excellent fashion. The 48" width is a good fit for the 1026R, as this width and the 1026R track are a perfect match. I probably used that combination for 150 hours with no problems. I also used an old T3 60" Harley Rake on the same tractor and had no problems.

Thank you very much I did not expect that answer ,you help make a rainy weekend GOOD
:yahoo:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
I have run a 6’ on a 2038R. It did a good job moving rocks. I don’t think you would want wider than 4 feet on the 1026 but it’s like every other piece of ground engaging equipment, you can stop anything if you get too aggressive.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tm-4

what is the TM-4 48 I would like to look for 1
and thank you .

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
A rotolliter digs and mixes the dirt 2-8” deep. What is in the dirt, Ie; rocks and debris, are just rearranged.

A Harly Rake runs 1/2” to maybe 2” max typically and the only material that gets through is what can fit through the gap you set. It can be angled to windrow rocks and debris to the side or kept straight and they are pulled to the end of the strip. They work best at an angle though for that. They can prepare seedbeds and if kept straight are very good at keeping dirt in front of the rollers sort of like a box blade to fill in hollows and level them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What are the differences between a rototiller and Harley rake ?
A tiller digs down up to 10 inches, loosening up the soil and rocks. It does not remove any material - it just leaves it there in loose condition. It has a row of tines which vary in number depending on the width - the tines are curved and are about 8 inches apart. A Harley rake roughs up material near the surface and separates the soil from the rocks and sticks/roots. It uses a rotating drum with carbide nubs to do the roughing action. It leaves the soil and pushes the debris forward where you can then pick it up with the front end loader at the end of each row. A Harley rake can be used to peel up turf and it can also be used to spread soil. You can set the height of the drum such that you can create a nearly flat surface or you can set it to dig several inches below the surface. You can also set the gate above the drum to control how much debris is separated. It is a great tool for landscaping, as it eliminates the manual labor associated with raking and cleaning up debris.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts