Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like a few vendors have them on their website now, so I'm giving it serious consideration. Any opinions or first hand experiences would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Thinking Of getting a set Myself $460.90 total to run the 647 Just haven't Talked to My dealer Yet I Might be able to get it a little Cheaper Then Green Farm Parts or The Green Parts store.:bigthumb:

Reactions: BigJim55 and PJR832

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^^^

Definitely not cheap, but sure looks like a nice addition. Could potentially save some back twisting and greasy hands. I doubt that hooking up implements will get any easier as I get older.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I took the plunge and purchased the Quik-Knect (K-Q) system for my 4044M and my RC2072 mower. You are correct, definitely not cheap.

I found myself unable to to connect my mowers' pro shaft to the tractor. At 71 years old, I'm just not strong enough to lift, pull the collar back, and push, especially in the very limited space (and my beer belly) that the i-match causes. The space limitations meant I had to do it with one hand.

After receiving the Q-K I quickly learned that for the PTO coupler you need to remove the old one at the u-joint and install the new one. Easy to get the coupler off the u-joint, but not so easy to put the new one on. I finally had to take it to a shop with a press. (the arms on the new yolk are thicker than the original.

Then in was just a matter of installing the receiver on the tractor's PTO and connecting it to the new coupler.

While it easier to take off/on, it's still no piece of cake, mainly because of the i-match. I still have to use only one hand, but it's doable.

BTW, while I was working on the mower shaft, I took the factory clutch shield off, and replaced it with a heavy-duty thick rubber "mudflap". When mowing the mudflap covers the clutch and u-joint, and provide protection, and when it's time to lub and/or adjust the clutch, I just flip the mudflap out of the way

Hope this helps those that might be consider the Q-K

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don’t believe I’ll be trying it for the $460 price tag.

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
I don’t believe I’ll be trying it for the $460 price tag.
You Know I really Looked at the Quik-Knect The Tractor end You don't need to Buy more than one But if You Have 5 PTO Mounted attachment's You May need to Buy 5 different quick Connects (implement end) especially if You Can't slide the Upper section of the shaft off with the Implement side connector and Just slid On to another Implements shaft. I ended Up Going with This https://tractorptolink.com/product/pto-link-duo/ Because the Implement end Just slide Into each Implements quick Connector Less than a Minute. I did Buy two tractor sides 1 for the 2025R and 1 for the X748 and to connect the PTO Link You simply Aline Twist then add a second PIN for safety. I like the fact You Can use the PTO link on aftermarket Brands of attachments as well :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
The imatch is in the way with this and the regular pto. What I do is back up to an implement and lower the imatch all the way as much. If I am lined up and the implement isn't crooked or uneven I can light the 3 point and I'm on my way. If not I have a little room to pull the tractor ahead or turn/backup. When I couldn't get the 3pt hooked up I unhook the pto from the tractor, pickup the implement and move to somewhere level.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too was also interested in purchasing the Quik-knect for my 3520. My local JD dealer said that it is not compatible with my MX5 rotary mower....will only fit with Frontier rotary mowers. Anyone have any experience with this on the MX series?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Estern,

Currently there are 6 to seven implement side yoke sizes available for the Q-K systems. While they do cover the majority of the frontier shredders, there are still some sizes not being manufactured. Just remember the Q-K system it good for up to 115hp at the PTO. The pto link system is good for about 85 if I remember right. Obviously not a huge deal if you are using it on a shredder requiring 30-40 hp.

Long story short the surefire way to know if it will fit or not is to measure your cap to cap and cap diameter, and see if the yokes offered will work. Or bring the half shaft to your dealer on your next trip and have them measure. They will fit many other machines that Deere is not listing, but you'll have match up yoke dimensions.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Thank you. I was looking at it myself on Greenfarmparts.com and then realized it won't necessarily work on any of my non-Frontier implements. I only have one and that is my tiller, everything else is aftermarket. I tried to look at the other company mentioned previously but my Internet Security software says the site is dangerous, detected all sorts of malware attempting to download.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I looked at it and folks on the forum pointed me to PTO Link which I ended up buying and I love it. I have another mower coming this week and I haven’t decided if I’ll buy another implement side plate or just swap it between implements. It literally takes 10 seconds to swap the plates so I’m on the shelf. Having looked at quik knect I’m much happier with PTO Link.
Also, the guys at PTO Link couldn’t be more helpful. They spent time with me via email and called me after it arrived - service like in the old days. Great bunch of people there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts