Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious? Would like to have top link for box blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
Do you mean using something other than the optional factory Dual Rear SCV kit?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No that’s probably exactly what I’m looking for. Something for a hydraulic top link. Will the factory kit run one cylinder or will it run 2 for a top and tilt? And where is the lever that operates it located on the machine? Forwards or backwards?

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Do you mean using something other than the optional factory Dual Rear SCV kit?
I don't think the dual rear scv's is an option for the Gen 2 2025r

Edit: I'm sure it's possible but not "built in" like the 2032r/38r

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
What's odd is the parts illustrations list a dual rear SCV but the Build Your Own configurator only lists a single rear 3rd SCV kit. They don't show any photos of it. I suspect it's very similar to the 3rd SCV on my 2720 in that it mounts on the right-rear of the tractor with the lever near your right elbow.

Single Rear Selective Control Valve (SCV) Kit Without Detent
Option Code : BLV11025
For use on MY 2017 and Newer 2025R Tractors. Not compatible with Power Beyond Kit (BLV10746) or Rear Outlet Kit (BLV10775).

Reactions: PJR832 and Big

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
I don't think the dual rear scv's is an option for the Gen 2 2025r
I think you are right. The parts lists shows something they call the dual rear SCV but the actual illustration looks like the dual MID SCV. More JD confusion factor. The Build Your Own clearly only lists the option for a single rear 3rd SCV.

50001A Dual Rear SCV (1/2) - ST895784
50001B Dual Rear SCV (2/2) - ST895779

Apologies to the OP for introducing confusion with the initial response.

Reactions: PJR832 and Big

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the third hydraulic valve on my second generation 2025r. I still have a plan to purchase the two ton tandem axle dump trailer from Country Manufacturing which was the reason for adding the third valve when I bought the tractor a year ago. So I have not used the third valve other than to test it on a hydraulic cylinder to make sure it was working, and it was.

I had given some thought to adding the Mauser cab that Deere now offers for the new 2025r but the cab will not fit with the third valve. One would have to consider that issue if a Mauser cab purchase was there. I am looking at the Curtis Cab for the 2025r as I think modifying the rear panel to fit around the third valve may not be too difficult.

The third valve is a rather expensive option and perhaps just a diverter to switch the hydraulic flow from the mid hydraulic outlets to the rear is a more reasonable option. One could also just plumb lines from the mid outlets that control the loader curl function to the back of the tractor. Of course you would lose this part of the loader control but it would be inexpensive. If I was to do it over again I would probably skip the third valve and use a diverter but I don't have a loader currently. If I had the loader I might not think this is such a great idea.

I have a 54" snow blower and a 72" front blade that I need the mid hydraulics for but if I only lose that function while I divert hydraulic flow to the rear of the tractor it is an inconvenience one could probably work with.

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
I have the third hydraulic valve on my second generation 2025r. I still have a plan to purchase the two ton tandem axle dump trailer from Country Manufacturing which was the reason for adding the third valve when I bought the tractor a year ago. So I have not used the third valve other than to test it on a hydraulic cylinder to make sure it was working, and it was.
Can you post a few photos of what your valve and quick couplers look like? I've searched around on-line and there doesn't seem to be any photos of a 3rd SCV on a Gen-2 2025R.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I had given some thought to adding the Mauser cab that Deere now offers for the new 2025r but the cab will not fit with the third valve. One would have to consider that issue if a Mauser cab purchase was there. I am looking at the Curtis Cab for the 2025r as I think modifying the rear panel to fit around the third valve may not be too difficult.

The third valve is a rather expensive option and perhaps just a diverter to switch the hydraulic flow from the mid hydraulic outlets to the rear is a more reasonable option. One could also just plumb lines from the mid outlets that control the loader curl function to the back of the tractor. Of course you would lose this part of the loader control but it would be inexpensive. If I was to do it over again I would probably skip the third valve and use a diverter but I don't have a loader currently. If I had the loader I might not think this is such a great idea.

I have a 54" snow blower and a 72" front blade that I need the mid hydraulics for but if I only lose that function while I divert hydraulic flow to the rear of the tractor it is an inconvenience one could probably work with.
I hadn’t thought of a diverter kit to run a back implement. I have looked into them for a grapple. If there was a way to be able to use a diverter to run either a grapple or a hydraulic third link (one at a time) and the hoses not be a mess that would really be a flexible option. If you could use it on the front when needed and switch it to the back when needed that would be nice. Wonder if anyone has attempted this.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On a ttwt video I seen the guy from good works tractors has his top and tilt run through his joystick. Of course he has every hydraulic option available I think on his 3 series. Would it just be a matter of running the lines to the back of the tractor instead of to the loader for a grapple I guess and it work the same way?

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
On a ttwt video I seen the guy from good works tractors has his top and tilt run through his joystick. Of course he has every hydraulic option available I think on his 3 series. Would it just be a matter of running the lines to the back of the tractor instead of to the loader for a grapple I guess and it work the same way?

The 4th and 5th scv’s (rear ones) on the 3R are switched via a diverter. So, you can use the joystick for the loader, or flip the switch and use the joystick for 4th,5th circuit.

The 3rd circuit is a button on the joystick. It is at the rear of the tractor, but there is a kit (Deere or boltonhooks) to run the 3rd to the front for grapple control.

Make sense?

Tim

·
Registered
62 Posts
I thought I saw fit rite had a kit that plugged into the power beyond ports and mounted on the rops. Maybe I'm imagining things.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 4th and 5th scv’s (rear ones) on the 3R are switched via a diverter. So, you can use the joystick for the loader, or flip the switch and use the joystick for 4th,5th circuit.

The 3rd circuit is a button on the joystick. It is at the rear of the tractor, but there is a kit (Deere or boltonhooks) to run the 3rd to the front for grapple control.

Make sense?

Tim
It does. But In theory. And I’ve never seen it done before. Could I hook up a 3rd function like you have for your grapple. But instead of running a grapple with it run a rear hydraulic top link? It will run any hydraulic cylinder correct? On One these little tractors I was curious if the diverter could be plumbed to operate either one even if you had to unhook a rear set of hoses and connect a front set or vise versa. Operate one system at a time. It may turn into a mess of hydraulic hoses running everywhere and be more trouble than it would be worth. Was just an idea. Like many ideas some are better than others lol.

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Administrator
18,545 Posts
It does. But In theory. And I’ve never seen it done before. Could I hook up a 3rd function like you have for your grapple. But instead of running a grapple with it run a rear hydraulic top link? It will run any hydraulic cylinder correct? On One these little tractors I was curious if the diverter could be plumbed to operate either one even if you had to unhook a rear set of hoses and connect a front set or vise versa. Operate one system at a time. It may turn into a mess of hydraulic hoses running everywhere and be more trouble than it would be worth. Was just an idea. Like many ideas some are better than others lol.

Yes, that is entirely possible.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts

Yep, like Kenny says, it is possible. One thing I notice about hydraulic add ons is how cumbersome the hoses become. They are stiff and do not bend easily. So, they get in the way.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After thinking about this a little more. What do you guys recommend? The 3rd scv on the rear or a diverter? To run a hydraulic top link on a gen 2 2025R. What would be the cleanest install or most cost effective. Dealer said the parts for rear scv is around $690 not installed. So price May be about the same.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I would recommend you add the Deere svc yourself, shouldn't be too difficult with install direction's printed out from dealer. They don't come in the kit. That will leave the option of a WR Long 3rd funtion valve when your ready for a grapple or whatever up front when you get there.:bigthumb:

Reactions: PJR832 and Wvdeere

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I am brand spankin' new here, and in fact am only expecting delivery of my 2025R this Thursday.

I'm not sure how much you've spoken to your dealer on this, but there are a few things I learned about hydraulic options for the new 2025R while shopping around... and it took ALOT of questions, and piecemealing information together from several dealers to get there...

First, Deere is now offering a dedicated loader third SCV with joystick controls (BLV11156). Also rumor is it's coming for the larger 2R tractors soon. This in itself may not be new information, and if it's known, then you all already know that BLV11156 is not compatible with rear hydraulics or power beyond. BUT, one dealer told me they could custom fabricate a kit which would allow one or the other rear option with the loader 3rd scv, if I needed it right away, but the golden info is that Deere is going to be offering a compatability kit (at some point) so that factory rears and loader 3rd scv can be used. I am waiting for this kit as I have no need for rear hydraulics immediately, but am getting the blv11156 to operate my AV20F grapple.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts