Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated up above, I'm looking for idea's on storing my attachments on some type of wooden shelving, along with the ability to move the structure around via wheels on the bottom (that could lock) in order to minimize space.

SB 1154 Snowblower
Titan 42" forks,
60" HLA 1500 Snow pusher
Bucket/front end loader

The mowing deck will stay vertical on Larry's mower deck axles.

Thanks,
Mark

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Bunk Dolly

Please see this thread: Bunk Dolly

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
This is a more recent picture of my implement storage unit. I also store my forks under the pallet on the 2nd level. I love it and it's very handy to move around . . . in addition I have scaffolding for high work in the shop and house.

12-Finished.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
This is a more recent picture of my implement storage unit. I also store my forks under the pallet on the 2nd level. I love it and it's very handy to move around . . . in addition I have scaffolding for high work in the shop and house.

View attachment 507817
That, is a nice set up. Could be my excuse to buy forks too !

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
I want to build something very similar to that using 8' long pallet racks. How difficult is it for you to push that around when it is loaded up?
Well, I'm in my 70's and it takes a little bit of energy. Once the casters are oriented correctly for the way you want it to go, moving it isn't to bad, it just takes a little time. The thing is I don't move it that often and if Missey is available with two it goes even easier. :laugh: I move it by myself 90% of the time. Key is the smooth floor and pushing it down low.

That, is a nice set up. Could be my excuse to buy forks too !
Well, having forks is key to using the second level for the box blade.

·
Registered
778 Posts
IMHO the secret is to purchase the large caster wheels (5" +) not the cheap little ones. Then moving is easy.
Had a 2000 lb car on a dolly. The little wheels shot the bearings all over the garage :lol:
The big wheels were like butter...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
I forgot to mention that I angle cut a couple of 4 x 4's to be a ramp for each rear tire. That way I just backup and grab/unload the tiller with the iMatch. It's slick and being able to fine adjust the alignment via moving the scaffold a definite plus. :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
Well, I'm in my 70's and it takes a little bit of energy. Once the casters are oriented correctly for the way you want it to go, moving it isn't to bad, it just takes a little time. The thing is I don't move it that often and if Missey is available with two it goes even easier. :laugh: I move it by myself 90% of the time. Key is the smooth floor and pushing it down low.
:good2:

I don't plan on moving mine much but I just wanted to make sure it isn't to difficult. Mine will be on a concrete garage floor so I was pretty sure it would move.

IMHO the secret is to purchase the large caster wheels (5" +) not the cheap little ones. Then moving is easy.
Had a 2000 lb car on a dolly. The little wheels shot the bearings all over the garage :lol:
The big wheels were like butter...
I was looking at using the 6" gray soft-ish rubber casters. I made the mistake of using tiny 1" hard plastic casters on the cart I keep my plow on and that turned into a pain to move.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I suggest having at least two of the casters be the locking type. With a very slight slope to a concrete floor even a small child may get these storage units moving, and a box blade, ballast box, etc. is a lot of mass to control once gravity takes over.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
:good2: I don't plan on moving mine much but I just wanted to make sure it isn't to difficult. Mine will be on a concrete garage floor so I was pretty sure it would move.
I was looking at using the 6" gray soft-ish rubber casters. I made the mistake of using tiny 1" hard plastic casters on the cart I keep my plow on and that turned into a pain to move.
A 6" caster would be great, but not soft rubber as they'd be more difficult to get rolling. Look at the scaffold I have, it's rated for 1100 lbs. It has 5" hard rubber wheels. Think of pushing your car when the tires are filled to spec versus half filled, which would be easier? :unknown:

I suggest having at least two of the casters be the locking type. With a very slight slope to a concrete floor even a mall child may get these storage units moving, and a box blade, ballast box, etc. is a lot of mass to control once gravity takes over.
Agree 100%. All four lock on the scaffolding. I always lock at least two, always! :thumbup1gif:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts