Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new x739. I need a step to get up onto the landing.. Right now I have to step on the deck and I can't keep the deck level. The original step is too high for me to pull my self up. Any ideas?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Maybe drop the deck to the ground so you can step on it? You will have to turn the height adjustment knob all the way down to zero each time you get on or off but it should help keep the deck level since all the weight would be off the lift arms when you step on it.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
I have a new x739. I need a step to get up onto the landing.. Right now I have to step on the deck and I can't keep the deck level. The original step is too high for me to pull my self up. Any ideas?
Drop you deck so it resting On the floor Or Ground then step On deck then step up to the Tractor. If the deck is level On ground or Floor you shouldn't Have any problems Knocking it out of level. Once On tractor raise deck to Max height set Mowing height and Your off to the races again:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
I had the thought of getting an x748/x758 for mowing duties as I have a hard time getting on/off my 2520. Guess I better reevaluate that.....
How tall are You? I am 5ft 10inch I don't Have a Problem Mounting the X748 with a 54inch deck and I step over deck. It all depends On your stride I guess :bigthumb:

·
Registered
21,446 Posts
How tall are You? I am 5ft 10inch I don't Have a Problem Mounting the X748 with a 54inch deck and I step over deck. It all depends On your stride I guess :bigthumb:
There are a lot of other reasons other than height and stride that will cause people to have difficulty mounting/dismounting a tractor.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I know how you feel. Some days it’s an effort to get on mine. I’ve often thought Ken should design an assist step for our tractors. I’d be first in line for one. But I also realize he would not get the sales numbers for the x series like he does the 1 and 2 series, so understandably would not be worth his time.

And I refuse to step on the deck. :dunno:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I am 5'9". Its not the height. I am 71 and the legs don't work as nice as they use to.

·
Premium Member
3,243 Posts
I am 5'9". Its not the height. I am 71 and the legs don't work as nice as they use to.
I am 67 and a lot more things then my legs don't work nice anymore! I have to go up a lot further on my 4044M but I put a handle on the Loader Frame to grab and it has been a life saver for me. The Grab Handle has been the best thing I put on it in a long time. Helps me in and out with no fear of slipping!! 100_2563.JPG Used to use the one I put on the cab but it was not strong!

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Yeah I'm a Bit Younger But stepping On the deck while it's On the ground should Help Because step mounted to the fender deck Might Interfere with Mowing Operations depending On How Far down the step goes :bigthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts