Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally Cut tonight. Nice stretch of dry cool weather ahead. Will be nice not sweeting our a** off bailing this go around.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
That's always a plus. Better then turning into a wet raisin from the sun.

Good luck with that.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,674 Posts
What I wouldn't give for windrows that big & thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
What I wouldn't give for windrows that big & thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ya-i bet 56fg would too. for a final cut they look nice.:good2:

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Third cutting

Finally, third cutting is on the ground:laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
We are quickly running out of time in these parts...cool days, cooler nights, heavy dews, short days.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Florence capper

We're also running out of time and it looks like Florence may be the capper for our hay. We're short of hay but long on grass right now but it's going to be hard to turn the grass into hay when we might be looking at a foot of rain.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
We are quickly running out of time in these parts...cool days, cooler nights, heavy dews, short days.
Same here, we have plenty put in for our animals and a lot to sell over the winter, think we'll just put our equipment away for the year. It's just to hard to get it dry now, not enough time in the day.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same here didn’t know if we were going to get it cut. Dew is heavy but we need to get it cut. Not good to leave Alafa tall over winter. Tedder today and will see. We are dry until Monday. Worse case we’ll round bale and feed out.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Worse case we’ll round bale and feed out.
I'm thinking that's what we'll do. I've been feeding hay for 2 months now. The pastures took a beating in July and August.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm thinking that's what we'll do. I've been feeding hay for 2 months now. The pastures took a beating in July and August.
Yea our pastures also. Bad year.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
ouch. that would really suck to have to feed hay now. I was getting worried for a while but now that we got some rain it's looking quite a bit better. I'm on track to not feed hay until mid December with 45 Dexter cattle and 140 sheep.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts