Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4044R
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4044R on order and it is coming with the 73" materials bucket. Since this will get some digging use in rocky soil, I'm contemplating getting a HD bucket instead. The JD website is a bear to find stuff on though so wondering if anyone knows the part number for the 73" HD bucket and what the cost is?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
This looks like the one...

·
Registered
2020 4066R, 2021 Z530R, 2019 XUV 590M
95 Posts
I have the HD Bucket on mine, and I wouldnt have it any other way. At the dealer it had the standard bucket, but they had other machines with the HD they swapped with... very noticeable “beefiness” difference. Do it

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the standard that came on 44R bent up in yard. I bought the HD for about $1600 a couple years ago. It’s what it should have come with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: akadave

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yes I would agree. The best bucket is the HD. I have real rocky soil and the thing stands up to rocks no problem. I have the knife edge on it as well. It is better to have that take all the wear instead of the bucket edge. Mine if 16 years old and it has the JDQA.

Reactions: akadave

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Depending upon how much you will use the bucket to dig with in rocky areas you might want to look into a narrower bucket. It will save a lot of wear and tear on the loader arms and hydraulics.
Remember, you are using a farm style tractor not an industrial loader or backhoe.

·
Registered
4044R
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bucket will mainly be used for gravel and topsoil movement plus snow removal. I do have a rocky dirt bank that I need to cutback 5-6' to extend the parking and trailer backing area in front of my shop doors. This is where the digging in rocky soil comes in. I plan to put a tooth bar on either bucket. Other than that, I know there will be lots of uses that come up on a 31 acre parcel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.