Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put hdaps on their scut? Would they handle the weight the the fel on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Has anyone put hdaps on their scut? Would they handle the weight the the fel on?

They better. When my R-4's wear out that is what is going on my 1026. There is one member on here that did put HDAP on his 1 series. Just make sure you get the 4 ply rating or higher. My 2210 I had before had turf tires on and it handled the FEL fully loaded just fine. I never did check the ply rating on them.

I see CP got ahead of me.

·
Registered
180 Posts

From: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/general-tractor-operation-ownership/33705-hdap-v-turf-tires-4.html

"I also wanted to point out that from the quick review of Carlisle web site that the HDAP tires seem to have a greatly reduced load rating vs the R4 and R3.
HDAP front 18 x 8.5 x 10, 4 ply is 495 lb rating vs R4 4 ply @ 830 lb rating.

The only 26 x 12 x 12 HDAP that I could find is rated at 760 lb vs same size R4 @ 1780 lb rating

If I have not made some grievous mistake with my tire shopping on the Carlisle site then the change to HDAP would be a severe and potentially dangerous mistake in my opinion."

Edit 1:
Carlisle Multi-Trac C/S 18x8.5x10 R3 4-ply is rated at 825lbs
Carlisle Multi-Trac C/S 26x12x12 R3 4-ply is rated at 1760lbs or 2270lbs for 6-ply

Edit 2:
The HDAP's listed above seem pretty good though.

Reactions: Levi and PJR832

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/general-tractor-operation-ownership/33705-hdap-v-turf-tires-4.html

"I also wanted to point out that from the quick review of Carlisle web site that the HDAP tires seem to have a greatly reduced load rating vs the R4 and R3.
HDAP front 18 x 8.5 x 10, 4 ply is 495 lb rating vs R4 4 ply @ 830 lb rating.

The only 26 x 12 x 12 HDAP that I could find is rated at 760 lb vs same size R4 @ 1780 lb rating

If I have not made some grievous mistake with my tire shopping on the Carlisle site then the change to HDAP would be a severe and potentially dangerous mistake in my opinion."
I’m coming up with the same results you are. The fronts are almost cut in half of the amount of weight they can carry. So, if you get a 1025r with fel with turf tires how are they able to handle the load?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I’m coming up with the same results you are. The fronts are almost cut in half of the amount of weight they can carry. So, if you get a 1025r with fel with turf tires how are they able to handle the load?

A lot of people get the FEL with turfs and have no issues. The Carlisle Multi-Trac C/S 18x8.5x10 R3 4-ply is rated at 825lbs per tire so 1650lbs aggregate. The rated lift capacities for the FEL's on the 1025R is around 570lbs for the D120, 512lbs for the H120, and 754lbs for the 120R. those numbers are from JD's web site.

Reactions: Levi and PJR832

·
Registered
307 Posts
They better. When my R-4's wear out that is what is going on my 1026. There is one member on here that did put HDAP on his 1 series. Just make sure you get the 4 ply rating or higher. My 2210 I had before had turf tires on and it handled the FEL fully loaded just fine. I never did check the ply rating on them.

I see CP got ahead of me.
Those tires will last for 20+ years unless you're on the road and hard surface a lot. I agree, no reason to get low bid tires when you only buy them once or twice in a lifetime.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another question. I have noticed that the HD field trax max weight of 495 @ 50mph. The multi trac is 730 @ 10mph. So considering I’m not going to do more than 10mph on the 1025r does that mean the tire would have a higher weight rating?

·
Registered
23,079 Posts
Pilot-Five did, here is his thread......

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/89321-new-hdap-tires-my-1025r.html

I will seriously consider these when it's time for new treads. I don't have much dirt work anymore, so I'll switch to either these or turfs, probably the HDAPs.
Same here for the same reasons. But a lot more unlikely to be available for my 2 series.

10 years and 450 hours and my tires are about 1/2 worn. Can’t figure out why since they are always on grass and dirt.....

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
10 years and 450 hours and my tires are about 1/2 worn. Can’t figure out why since they are always on grass and dirt.....
Most likely 4WD scrubbing on turns, and because of the small front/big rear dynamic, even in a straight line. The system is inherently flawed (e.g. the front wheels deliberately "overdriving" the rears), but that's okay, since it's on a tractor, and it works for its intended purpose.

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked the Carlisle HD Field Trax weight rating on palmetto specialty tire and the fronts are same rating as R4, the rears are rated at 1140 lbs per tire which should be plenty I would think. I’m a little iffy though after reading Pilot-Five’s thread because of the fro t to rear ratio. I had no idea that it played a major role in 4x4 operation. This is my first 4x4 tractor. Surely though the turf tires are a little smaller than the R4s are?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I don't know why they don't have hdap's for the 1025r.They have them for others bigger and smaller tractors.Just like front fenders,have them for bigger and smaller tractors.
Here's one on a larger tractor hdap like any way.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,916 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
I don't know why they don't have hdap's for the 1025r.They have them for others bigger and smaller tractors.Just like front fenders,have them for bigger and smaller tractors.
Here's one on a larger tractor hdap like any way.

I don't think those are the HDAP tires on that tractor but they are thr Radial turfs like I have on my 2038r. I also put the Kenda terra turfs on my 1025r and haven't used all wheel drive so far this winter plowing snow. Last year with the R4 tires I was in 4 wheel most of the time. Below I have pictures of both the Hdap tires on the scut and the radial turfs on my new 2038R.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I don't think those are the HDAP tires on that tractor but they are thr Radial turfs like I have on my 2038r. I also put the Kenda terra turfs on my 1025r and haven't used all wheel drive so far this winter plowing snow. Last year with the R4 tires I was in 4 wheel most of the time. Below I have pictures of both the Hdap tires on the scut and the radial turfs on my new 2038R.
Thanks for the closeup pics,often wondered what they looked like.They are kinda like or close to a hdap that your going to get in the larger series.They look like the radial tires we have on our pay loader at work,and look front fenders what a concept.I think Deere dropped the ball on not having front fenders available for the 1025r.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Those tires will last for 20+ years unless you're on the road and hard surface a lot. I agree, no reason to get low bid tires when you only buy them once or twice in a lifetime.:thumbup1gif:
I do run the road in front of our place. I mow both sides, ditch area. And once in a while I'll run to our neighbors place, sometimes loaded, sometimes not. And most of the time doing whatever around our place I'm in 4WD. I figure I'll get 10 years out of the R-4's. That's what I got on the turfs I had on the 2210 I had. In 4 years I can already tell the wear on the R-4's.

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts

Thanks Drifterbike, looks good. Those tires on the 2038R despite being a turf, just seem like they'd leave their mark on my soft clay soils. I think it'd be more from the weight of the machine than the tire itself.

I think Deere dropped the ball on not having front fenders available for the 1025r.

I agree 100%.

I do run the road in front of our place. I mow both sides, ditch area. And once in a while I'll run to our neighbors place, sometimes loaded, sometimes not. And most of the time doing whatever around our place I'm in 4WD. I figure I'll get 10 years out of the R-4's. That's what I got on the turfs I had on the 2210 I had. In 4 years I can already tell the wear on the R-4's.

So can I, over 6 years on these R4s for me. The side wall split in the one front tire last year was a tell tale sign they are wearing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts