Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many hours of moving tons of snow with my loader mounted plow and a few more tons with the loader bucket I discovered one bolt missing and one very loose on the loader mast mount. Checked bolts on other side and found one loose.

I will now include a retorque of these bolts in my routine maintenance/inspection routine.

I am currently having difficulty with my eyesight and find it very frustrating using the computer. Could someone be kind enough to look up the part number for these bolts and maybe find the torque value? I would be very grateful.

P1000883.JPG

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here's the loader maintenance page (below) from the H120 loader manual (Link to H120 Loader Manual).

The schedule is to torque the bolts after the first 10 hours, then every 50 hours afterwards.

Torque Mounting Frame and Mast Hardware: 230 ft. lbs. (310 Nm)

Bolt (M16x90): 19M8485 (Link to part on GFP) $4.84
Washer: 24M7053 (Link to part on GFP) $0.90
*Don't forget to use the GTT coupon code for a 7% discount*

Loader Maintenance 50 Hours.png

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What took you so long? :laugh:

Thanks a bunch Traction. I see now that I should have been retorqueing every 50 hours.

·
Registered
375 Posts
What took you so long? :laugh:

Thanks a bunch Traction. I see now that I should have been retorqueing every 50 hours.
You're welcome. It helped me to realize what I forgot to do at both the 10 hour and 50 hour mark. :hide:

I thought I was on top of maintenance for my loader (keeping it greased every 10 hours) and didn't even realize I had to torque the loader bolts on a schedule.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're welcome. It helped me to realize what I forgot to do at both the 10 hour and 50 hour mark. :hide:

I thought I was on top of maintenance for my loader (keeping it greased every 10 hours) and didn't even realize I had to torque the loader bolts on a schedule.
I shudder when I think of how I've been using the loader to clear last weeks snowstorm. Constantly banging the bucket to dislodge packed snow must have vibrated those bolts badly. Now, we are both the wiser having learned from my inattention to details.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
I've checked mine twice and now have close to 800 hours on the tractor. Probably 200+ on the FEL. It was tight both times. So much so I tried to loosen one bolt, although I could do it, it was hard to do so I retighten it and haven't checked it since. Now I'll have to check it again tomorrow. :banghead:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Take a quick look and make sure it didnt break off. Be sure to torque all the bolts. I would recommend removing bolts one by one and applying Loc-Tite (red 271). Torque to spec.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Good advice to be sure. I will do as you suggest. Thanks!:hi:

BTW: Does your username refer to being a rotary wing repairman?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Wholy Kwap!!! Just re-torqued mine this past fall with no issues found. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
14,901 Posts
I haven't checked mine for about a year,,, may have to so,,, thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
Mine were below torque at the first 50 hour service. Since they require monstrous torque I usually have that wrench available on the shelf next to the tractor. When I do my greasing of the FEL I just hit the mast and the bucket quick and be done with it. I know it isn't at 50 hours but it isn't like those bolts don't get flexed and leaned on hard. It is worth it to make sure they stay tight. Gotta imagine the damage done when the mast snaps off is a little on the pricey side of $0!

PS - make sure you check the three on the outside of the mast (per side) where you have one missing and the six on the inside that hold the mast to the frame.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Don't forget to check your frame mount bolts on your tractor for the mounting plates.
They can come loose as well.

·
Registered
324 Posts
This is a very timely thread guys as I didn't realize I needed to check those bolts on my 2320 either. Will be doing that in a week or so when I switch from the 47 blower back to the FEL for the season.

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I've clocked 40+ hours on the tractor in the past 7 days doing clean-up from the snowstorm. After finding the missing and loose bolts I'm motivated to check every nut, bolt, and screw on the machine!

I must say that this little tractor did everything I asked of it without missing a beat! Everyone who saw how it handled the enormous amount of snow was impressed. I used a 66" large capacity bucket that lifted 15+ cubic feet of snow versus about 9 cf for the stock 53". This snow was light enough that weight was not an issue.

P1000876.JPG

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
An X rortarywing repirman! Lol.
Me too!:hi:

Crewchief C model Huey gunships in the 101st back in the Nam a few hundred years ago.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
And some wonder why I don't like loader-mounted plows on small tractors...:laugh:

I would use a lock washer when you put in the new one. That way, if for some reason it needs replaced, you can get it out.:mocking:

Reactions: UBNT

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
And some wonder why I don't like loader-mounted plows on small tractors...:laugh:

I would use a lock washer when you put in the new one. That way, if for some reason it needs replaced, you can get it out.:mocking:
I don't think the type of attachment used has any effect on bolts working loose. That's why Deere lists that as a regular maintenance item.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Reactions: UBNT
1 - 20 of 26 Posts